Author Topic: Draw knifes  (Read 1071 times)

Offline Muskyman

Draw knifes
« on: October 07, 2022, 09:52:51 am »
Just wondering what kind of draw knife is your favorite.. I had tried to get a Greenlee on eBay and got outbid in the last few minutes of course. I have one but, not super happy with it but it’s okay. Can’t recall what brand it is and might get another one.

On a side note the Greenlee knife looked like it was new from the pictures..

Offline Eric Krewson

Re: Draw knifes
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2022, 11:32:24 am »
I picked up a like new Greenlee at a flea market for $20, I have another Dunlap that is identical to the Greenlee, I found the Dunlap in my dads basement when he went off to assisted living.

I like a heaver straight blade drawknife with straight not offset handles like the Greenlee.

The Greenlee is on top, the Dunlap on the bottom, they are identical.

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2022, 12:14:31 pm »
I like the curved blade ones. I inherited from my dad, of eternal memory,  who died in 1989. It is very old. I don't know the brand. But i've made many bows with it. You can see it on my site. Jawge

http://traditionalarchery101.com/osage.html
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2022, 12:20:06 pm »
Go to garage sales, flea markets and "junk" shops to look for an old one. I don't know brand names but most of what I've seen over the years have been good ones. As long as the edge of the blade isn't pitted you should be ok. $20 seem to be the going rate at most places I've seen them.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bentstick54

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2022, 09:54:22 pm »
Top to bottom, 10” Fulton, 9” Greeley, 9” Rich-Con, 8” Witherby.  Love them all. Top 3 from Antique malls, $20-$25 each. Bottom one inherit from my dad.

Offline Muskyman

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2022, 10:24:15 pm »
Nice looking knifes. How do you like the curved ones