Author Topic: Mollegabet Elm - Handshock Bad Quality  (Read 2837 times)

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
Re: Mollegabet Elm - Handshock Bad Quality
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2022, 03:32:43 am »
thanks for your replies, suggestions and tips guys. maybe I should really narrow the outer limbs but Im kinda like worried what happens to the tiller then. I tiller my mollies like circular in the working limb. like if you draw a line from fades to cross section you have a small circular bow. I dont have a kitchen libra to weight it but the handle is quiet narrow so I dont know if these number would give an issue
Yeah! Deffo don't mess with the tiller!
Again, if I were to be picky, maybe the levers could taper a bit in thickness towards the tip.
May ask your customer to fill in the form number "1D10T " ;)
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2022, 08:32:32 am »
Looks good from where I'm sittin.... I find a lot of folks that shoot laminated bows call them "stick bows" ie selfbows and don't understand the difference. And most fg shooters have zero to little interest in selfbows. The slight thump that we feel is multiplied a hundred times to a glass shooter... just mho
DevilsBeachSelfbows

gutpile

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2022, 10:00:27 am »
bow looks killer to me.. tiller is spot on IMO..gut

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2022, 12:14:50 am »
The one part of the equation I am surprised no one has addressed so far is his arrows. What grain weight is he shooting through this bow? Is he some speed freak under the compound bow delusion of chasing the 300 fps magical barrier? If so, he might be trying to throw underweight arrows to gain perceived advantages. Frankly, I think I would be likely to start with 550 grains of the combined shaft, fletch, and point weight simply because this bow is performing respectably well above the "100 + draw weight = respectable fps" formula. 

This bow is clearly storing and returning a decent amount of energy and if there is not enough mass in the arrow to absorb that energy then it has to go somewhere.

Or maybe I am wrong. I dunno. I happen to love the look of this bow and am feeling covetous emotions in regards to said bow.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline superdav95

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2022, 09:30:42 am »
The one part of the equation I am surprised no one has addressed so far is his arrows. What grain weight is he shooting through this bow? Is he some speed freak under the compound bow delusion of chasing the 300 fps magical barrier? If so, he might be trying to throw underweight arrows to gain perceived advantages. Frankly, I think I would be likely to start with 550 grains of the combined shaft, fletch, and point weight simply because this bow is performing respectably well above the "100 + draw weight = respectable fps" formula. 

This bow is clearly storing and returning a decent amount of energy and if there is not enough mass in the arrow to absorb that energy then it has to go somewhere.

Or maybe I am wrong. I dunno. I happen to love the look of this bow and am feeling covetous emotions in regards to said bow.

Well said.  Spot on.  My thinking was the same that it is likley the arrows.   Nothing wrong with this bow.   
Sticks and stones and other poky stabby things.

superdav95@gmail.com

Offline S.C. hunter

• does a possum have enough brains to tan his hide ?
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2022, 09:37:55 pm »
I like that a lot!  great job.