Author Topic: bowstring?  (Read 2974 times)

Offline recurve shooter

bowstring?
« on: May 16, 2008, 10:30:13 pm »
k guys. i looked for a buildalong but couldnt find one, do im asking. i was looking for a bow to take tree hunting today, and realized something very horrible. both my bowstrings are broken, and i dont know how to make them. this is a major problem in my developement as a primitive archer, bowyer, and retard. (the retard part cuz both strings broke due to stupidity) will someone direct me upon the right path to infinent string makeing knowledge? (yup. feelin kinda goofy)

seriously guys. help, please. ;)
lets just shoot it

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: bowstring?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 10:45:23 pm »
http://www.geocities.com/salampsio/flemish1.htm
Also search for flemmish jig here on PA and you will find lots of other info on making jigs and such. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 10:54:15 pm »
wow, cool. just what i wanted. thank ya justin. next question. what is a fast flight string?
lets just shoot it

Offline Ryan_Gill_HuntPrimitive

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 11:15:58 pm »
fast flight is a type of string material, it has less stretch than b-50 dacron. it is a higher performance string but doesnt have as much give, so its usually hot recommended for selfbows.  if you have any interest in a string build along that doesnt require anything but 2 hands and a roll of string let me know. id be glad to help- Ryan
Formerly "twistedlimbs"
Gill's Primitive Archery and HuntPrimitive

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 11:54:57 pm »
that would be cool, but not totally necicarry. however, in sure im not the only one that would like to see it.
lets just shoot it

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 03:30:40 am »
Marc StLouis did an article on building a quick and easy string in the magazine a couple of issues ago.  Anyone who doesn't subscribe you seriously need to fix that because you are missing some great how to articles.  If you have it, grab the magazine and you will have a string in 5 minutes.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 03:05:49 pm »
naw, i aint got the mag. aint got the muny right now. gonna fix that as soon as possible. :P
lets just shoot it

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008, 05:35:23 pm »
Sent you a PM
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008, 05:37:57 pm »
got it. thanx.
lets just shoot it

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2008, 01:43:43 am »
Hope it helps you out as much as it helped me. It is alot of info so read it and enjoy.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2008, 12:31:57 am »
yup. great. thanx alot bro. just gotta get some string and be on my way.
lets just shoot it