Author Topic: Group to South Africa  (Read 1189 times)

Offline Mike Yancey

Group to South Africa
« on: March 30, 2022, 06:46:51 pm »

Guys,
My Wife and I will be going back to South Africa in what I hope to be my successful completion of the South African Spiral Horn Slam with a primitive bow. this will be in September and a 6 day hunt 7 nights in camp. Sofala Safaris offer a primitive package which consists of a Impala Ram and a Wildebeest cow for 2950.00 all inclusive all other animals can be shot on a trophy fee basis, airfare not included in price of the package. We fly direst from Atlanta to Johannesburg and are picked up at the airport by the outfitter and never out of his care. South Africa requires NO VACCINATION!
I receive no money for the guys that go, I just try to fill the group with primitive and traditional hunters.
If you would like to be part of this epic adventure and part of the Primitive Archer story that will tell about this never before recorded feat contact me anytime soon to discuss the details. This will fill fast and a great way to hunt Africa with me on the trip to help you through the process of travel and hunt questions.
Mike

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: Group to South Africa
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2022, 08:13:31 pm »
That would be a hunt of a lifetime for many.Generous to make it available also.Kuddos to you for getting after that accomplishment and downing that huge kuddo in the picture with primitive equipment.Amazing the size of the horns on those animals.
I've got a friend that went to Africa bow hunting with a long bow.Now his den is full of hides and trophies.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2022, 08:34:49 pm »
I’d love to go Mike. September just doesn’t work for me though.

My friend Gary went there twice. He talked about it a lot. Sure glad he got to go.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Mike Yancey

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2022, 02:51:23 pm »
Were full!! Great group of primitive bow builders and hunters! Thanks Terry and Tommy!

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2022, 04:18:41 pm »
That's going to be an amazing trip for all of you, Mike.  Good to see some primitive shooters on safari.  Go get 'em!   (SH)
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline Allyn T

• I'm addicted to information
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2022, 06:49:39 pm »
Question, do you guys get to keep any of the meat?
In the woods I find my peace

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2022, 03:09:38 pm »
You have taken flintlocks to Africa for your hunts, right? Would they be welcome on this trip or is this bowhunting only?
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.