Author Topic: In progress - suggestions?  (Read 1097 times)

Offline Loope

In progress - suggestions?
« on: August 08, 2020, 11:34:53 am »
Here is my latest.  This is the bow for my wife's friend.  I am going for 25# @ 25".  Right now I have it tillered to 20", just going real slow, gaining about 1/4" with each adjustment.  I have 5" more to go, what do you guys think about the tiller? comments? suggestions? criticisms?

I am seeing on the right limb that maybe the first 3" at the fade is stiff, mid is bending a bit much, and the outer 1/3 is a bit stiff.  Left limb I am seeing outer 1/3 is stiff, and inner 1/3 maybe a little stiff.  Am I on the right track here?

Thanks,

Michael

Offline DC

Re: In progress - suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2020, 12:45:18 pm »

I am seeing on the right limb that maybe the first 3" at the fade is stiff, mid is bending a bit much, and the outer 1/3 is a bit stiff.  Left limb I am seeing outer 1/3 is stiff, and inner 1/3 maybe a little stiff.  Am I on the right track here?

Thanks,

Michael

That's what I'm seeing :)

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2020, 05:53:51 pm »
Do you have a tillering gizmo? If you adjust it about where the right limb intersects the window frame behind it will do a lot of marking from that point out to the tip.

Offline Loope

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2020, 07:01:51 pm »
Erik, I do have a gizmo... but I confess that I didn't think about it.  Thanks for the reminder.  I guess it has been too long since I have done any bow work

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2020, 10:13:43 pm »
Looking good . Arvin
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!