Author Topic: Blessed  (Read 2320 times)

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
Blessed
« on: April 04, 2020, 09:35:58 am »
I just want to say, I am very blessed to have a place where my family and I can walk, play, and shoot our bows without breaking any rules and getting sick.  My thoughts are constantly with people who live in apartments, dorms, etc.  That has to be awful.  I wish I could share my place with those people in need of sanity, fresh air, and natural beauty.

Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline Hawkdancer

Re: Blessed
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 11:28:08 pm »
Well, with a bit of luck and the Ol' "slan tu" we will have enough room to legally shoot arrows and maybe even faster things!  And be getting more fresh air!  The Badgerling looks like she is having fun!
We are putting a contract on a new place and this one goes on the market Wednesday, I think!  If you got about $335K in your change pocket, and an insatiable desire to move to Colorado, such a deal I got! >:D (lol)!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 06:21:29 am »
Yep I feel the same way, very Blessed, can't imagine what it would be like to have to set in the house all day, even for 1 day much less several.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline ksnow

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2020, 09:14:02 am »
Blessed for sure.

Great to see another kiltie out there shooting bows.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2020, 10:39:26 am »
Blessed for sure.

Great to see another kiltie out there shooting bows.
Aye, and holding his bow in the right hand! >:D >:D (lol) (SH). Left on!
Hawkdancer
Jerry

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2020, 11:46:06 am »
Yep, there's just something that feels good about archery in a kilt.  Trail running, too. 
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
~Louis L'Amour

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2020, 11:48:51 am »
that looks so much fun!!
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline ksnow

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2020, 12:39:10 pm »
Yep, there's just something that feels good about archery in a kilt.  Trail running, too.

Not much of a trail runner, but I do a lot hiking kilted.

The 8 yard dress kilt comes out when the wife and I go to dinner.

And I am pretty sure just wearing a kilt to lift weights add 10 pounds to my max :)

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2020, 12:47:21 pm »
And I am pretty sure just wearing a kilt to lift weights add 10 pounds to my max :)

At least.  I have two kilts that are poly blend (one in Gunn Ancient by Sportkilt, and another, much higher quality one, in Gunn modern by USA kilts--that's what I'm wearing in the pic).  I also have a wool great kilt that I only wear for very special occasions, because on a good day it takes me about half an hour to get the thing on.
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
~Louis L'Amour

Offline ksnow

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2020, 01:10:42 pm »
My weathered MacKenzie (Stillwater kilts) is my go to workout kilt.  I have a 6 yard wool plaid (generic) made by myself that is my hiking kilt. My dress kilt (also made by me) is an 8 yard wool in the Wisconsin tartan. Making kilts is fun, but very challenging.

Next on the list is a Campbell, I have a 3 great grandmother from that line.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2020, 06:50:12 pm »
I tried archery hunting in a kilt in Georgia. Wasn't too comfortable with mosquitos.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2020, 08:29:55 pm »
I tried archery hunting in a kilt in Georgia. Wasn't too comfortable with mosquitos.

Ha ha, yeah.  The other thing is that sometimes you get a pretty strong updraft running up the sides of canyons.  Gotta keep those races G-rated.

I did a half marathon out in the Red Desert one time, coincidentally right about the time "Outlander" was really big, which I suspect influenced the following.  As I walking over to the starting line, a rather attractive* young lady said, "That is the best race attire I've seen today."  I bowed, rather gallantly I thought, and said, "Thank you."  She raised an eyebrow, looked me up and down**, and said, "No, thank you."   I smiled, positioned my left hand so my wedding band was prominent, and walked on.***  Decent ego boost, though.

*Not that I noticed.  I'm above that sort of thing.
**She must have been fairly hard-up.  I'm built sort of like a bundle of sinew-backed toothpicks.
***Mrs. Badger is way cuter than she was.  Besides, a promise is a promise and all that.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 08:34:52 pm by WhistlingBadger »
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
~Louis L'Amour

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2020, 10:32:42 pm »
I have an inexpensive field kilt in the MacKay hunting green, and an 8 yard in the MacKay Ancient Blue as well as an 8 yard in the MacConnell.  Those tartans are " auld and rare",  which is Scottish and Irish for really darned expensive!   The Craig tartans are also in that category!   I wear the field kilt to some of the black powder shoots, and the other two for gigs, depending on what style music we are playing.  I thick I need to get a pair of those neat strap extenders, though, or get serious about working out again (lol)!
Hawkdancer
Jerry

Offline ksnow

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2020, 05:49:09 am »
Wearing a kilt while out in the general public is definitely an attention getter, especially from the fairer sex.

My sweet wife just rolls her eyes at me. She teases that I get more attention than she does when we dress up to go out.