Author Topic: New quiver  (Read 6657 times)

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
New quiver
« on: April 06, 2008, 01:20:41 pm »
This is a quick little stalker type quiver I made from a deer hide. I like this style It is easier for me than a back quiver. As tall as I am with a back quiver my arrows always get tangled in the branches.
Enjoy
Nugget

[attachment deleted by admin]
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: New quiver
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 03:09:03 pm »
Nice quiver Nugget, but you know that just wont do. We need lots of pictures on how to put it together.  Is there something to hold the arrows in?  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline nugget

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 03:18:59 pm »
Nothing to hold them in except friction and gravity. I am no good at teaching. I got the pattern off the internet. Then I modified it a little to fit my needs. If you want I will post the pattern.
Nugget
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 08:14:19 pm by nugget »
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 03:20:50 pm »
Please do.  ;D  ;D  ;D
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Dustybaer

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 03:42:49 pm »
nice, i likes it  ;D

Offline nugget

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 07:17:34 pm »
I do not remember where I got these plans. I also do not remember who made them. I take no credit fot them. Hope they help someone make a nice quiver.
I did not cross lace the belt loop. I just folded the top few inches over and sew it up . Mine are usually a bit bigger or smaller depending on who it is for and what material I have. I used hemp string to sew this one up. I also have one made from rawhide and leather. My wife and kids use this style also.
Thanks for the nice comments.  :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 07:22:27 pm by nugget »

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 07:33:51 pm »
Very nice, thank you. Justin

SW Utah

bushytail

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 08:14:26 pm »
That`s neat! :) I ordered a skunk hide the other day for a back quiver. but i think i`ll  make a side quiver instead.Thanks a mill. for the pattern.It`ll take alot of quest work out of the project. ;) I also might try it with my groundhog hide.That would be pretty cool to. :)

Offline nugget

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 08:17:08 pm »
Would love to see them when they are done. If you could leave the head on it that would be neat.

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2008, 11:06:59 pm »
looks good. :)
Modern Day Tramp

Offline david w.

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2008, 09:26:54 pm »
thants really nice i want t make one like that style
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo