Author Topic: Is there a name for this style of handle?  (Read 1411 times)

Offline txdm

Is there a name for this style of handle?
« on: February 03, 2019, 12:08:48 pm »
From the shooter's view, this handle goes diagonally across the bow's width at the fades, instead of down the center.

I kind of like the way it looks vs. a straight handle with a near-center cutout.

Does this style have a name or certain type of bow it is associated with? Anyone have any experience with shooting one in this style?

Offline PatM

Re: Is there a name for this style of handle?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 12:37:03 pm »
I don't think a name was ever given to it  but quite a few have used it.  It's quite a useful way of getting center shot with no shelf and even a cant effect without canting.

I've seen it quite a bit in flight bows where a shelf is not allowed in order to get closer to or past center.

Way back almost 20 years ago  there was an enthusiastic kid on here who made a  Red Oak board bow with this exact handle.  At the time we were joking about calling it the Seattle Brian Z handle.   Old time member on here may remember Brian and his Dad posting on here.

I guess offset would be another way to describe it.

Here's a link to a thread showing basically the same idea. You can't quite aee the whole handle but you get the idea.
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/paleoplanet69529/356m-389yards-t22365.html
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 12:47:21 pm by PatM »