Author Topic: Hi there  (Read 3928 times)

Offline Swampman

• Primitive Archer subscription number PM109299
Re: Hi there
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2018, 06:50:30 am »
Welcome Noah.  Looks like you have a great start on your first bow.  I am sure that with a teacher like Jeff by your side, your first bow will turn out great.  Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2018, 10:19:25 am »
Welcome aboard, Noah!  You are real lucky to have a mentor so close.  Remember, patience is your first tool, measure twice and cut or scrape once, and the only dumb question is the one you don't ask!  I'm sure Jeff will tutor you on things like keeping your tools sharp and your fingers out of the way :BB >:D (lol)!  Good luck, it is real neat to finish your own first bow!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2018, 10:23:32 am »
We've got a couple more years on you, that's all!  Btw,  And thanks to Jeff for passing it on! 
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2019, 09:36:15 pm »
Noah and I have alternated between reducing the limbs and doing heat adjustments.  first we used a wet cloth wrapped in foil to align the handle with the tips.   That was a few days ago.  with the limbs starting to move a bit it was time to recurve the tips and straighten out some of the wonkiness from one of the limbs.  It is starting to look like a bow.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2019, 03:53:41 am »
That's looking like it's gonna be one very nice first bow. Really great to see.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2019, 06:05:16 am »
That's gonna be a beaut of a bow.Unique large C clamps too with the butterfly wings.How old would those be?
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline ohma2

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2019, 07:23:10 am »
Nice to see a young person use his hands for something besides texting and gaming .

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2019, 10:17:49 am »
That's gonna be a beaut of a bow.Unique large C clamps too with the butterfly wings.How old would those be?

Not sure how old the clamps are.  Pretty sure I got them from my grandfather's workshop when he passed away. I had to clean them up a little, but some WD-40 made a huge difference.