Author Topic: My new ELB....not for BOM.  (Read 3696 times)

Offline akila

My new ELB....not for BOM.
« on: April 06, 2008, 08:42:00 pm »
Hi guys...this is my new bow that i just made....the wood its  the other half of that mulberry  stave, from wich i have made my Native American Bow..... im a little sad becose the stave wass a little to thinn in the middle so the bow is not verry hard....its a target bow..its 35# @ 29"....but i did manage to draw this bow up to 30"...the bow is 68" long.The bow is made so that the arrow passez above 1" up to the center of the bow...I just leave this bow with his natural color...and i finish him with linnsed oil....its my first bow that i put my signature in..... you will see it...here is the pictures...

Here is my signature that i just burned in to the wood... ;D

I had a little trouble tillering this bow becose of this limb...you can see it ...its fulled with lknots...

And this is the full draw pictures....

And here is a picture with the bow right after its been unbraced...

The bow have a little set..2cm...not even an full inchi....and after a while the bow return to his previose shape...its realy staight...i like this bow verry much....and in the future i will try to make an ELB that is a little mor powerfuul....i tried to have a tipical ELB cros section....but in the middle area the stave wass to thinn, so in the middle the bow have a rectangular cros section...and from the mid limb to the tips the bow have a D cros section.... this is my  new bow ...i hope you will like it....i realy have nice feeling holding this bow in to my hand....i feel realy medieval...

Offline Jesse

Re: My new ELB....not for BOM.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 09:47:47 pm »
Looks great. That signature is cool to. Does that let you know where to put the arrow?
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 10:04:54 pm »
Beautiful Bow. Great tiller. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline Woodland Roamer

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 10:41:03 pm »
Nice bow akila, I like the looks and mulberry. The tiller looks really good and your signature too.

Alan
Alan Shook-Taylorsville NC

Bring back the Stone Age!

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 11:08:24 pm »
Nice bow.  Is that the natural color, or did you temper the belly?  The contrast looks really nice.
Traverse City, MI

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 12:26:55 am »
Great looking bow.  Does it have any hand shock?  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 07:55:25 am »
Nice job,tiller looks great and I love the color. :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline akila

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 11:29:44 am »
Hi all....yess the signature let me know where to put the arrow, and from where to grab the mow in my hand, the belly is tempered with the heat gun, and the bow has no signifigant hand shock...aniway the bow is made from saap wood and i have a little heart wood on the belly, so  this is why its this contrast...but like i sad i also tempered the belly....