Author Topic: Van Cam  (Read 1787 times)

Offline Zuma

Van Cam
« on: August 08, 2018, 09:02:31 pm »
Cute little monkey, ;D :) (SH)
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Van Cam
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 09:37:54 pm »
That monkey has a pretty short tail Zuma. He sure climbs like one. That's a long way up that branchless tree trunk.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 06:37:54 am »
  I would be thinking where is Mom!!!!!!!    Jeeeeesh……….  Brave picture you took Zuma
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline neuse

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 06:48:42 am »
I would love to live where there are bears.

Offline burtonridr

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 09:20:18 am »
Very cool, bears are fun to watch : )
Offgrid mtn living

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2018, 10:13:31 am »
Bears are cute, and very smart!  They are often funny!  They can get to the nuisance stage and also open car doors, windows, etc, and wreak havoc!  There has been several incidents of bears totally trashing cars in search of food!  Colorado has bear proofing laws and CPW has to put down any bear that has had 2 encounters of the close kind with people or houses.  The Apaches believed they were cousins and would not hunt them.  Neat pics, Don!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Zuma

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2018, 11:26:01 am »
Thanks for the replies fellas.Nice to know you all appreciate our furry friends.
I didn't see momma or any siblings, although i am sure they were nearby.
Not really brave I was in my van. While treeing bears in climbable trees
I have counted coup when I was young and dumb. Oh yeah. while the dogs
were still at the tree. )P( )-w(
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2018, 02:12:44 pm »
We have tons of bears here in the mountains of Western NC. Asheville has a bear study going on now in the city limits where they have tagged and are tracking 40 bears as they make their living in the city limits. It is very rare for folks to be injured or killed by bears here. they are just a nuisance around trash cans and bird feeders. We've had then within feet when they come on the front or back porch.
 I was walking the dog down our driveway one day when we walked up on a sow with 3 cubs. My dog bowed up and started barking. The bears turned and ran into the woods. Then my dog ran back up to the house, leaving me to defend myself.   :o
 I love knowing they are around. They scare pretty easily if you yell and wave your arms.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2018, 09:11:32 am »
We are overrun with bears in Florida. The Biologist I talked to said there is no where to dump nuisance bears in Florida anymore.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Zuma

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2018, 10:47:12 am »

Pat I know, you know your way around bears :)but my message would be--
Be aware and knowledgeable about the critters if you plan on being in their territory. ???
We in Virginia have had several un provoked bear attacks, mostly in state parks. :'(
It's like lightning .Chance of getting hit is small but if you do the damage can be big.
Plus if a bear attacks a human it is usually hunted and destroyed. Sometimes they kill
a couple to make sure they get the attack bear. I think there should be cull seasons
where bear population get to large.
Zuma