Author Topic: Who all is gonna be at OJam this weekend?  (Read 5647 times)

Offline Sidewinder

Re: Who all is gonna be at OJam this weekend?
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2008, 08:08:10 pm »
Lennie,
            Yeah Keith waited until I had the billets prepped and then started it informally and then had me doing the work and he would come back around and check on me as it progressed. It did'nt have much of an announcement or crowd around it as some of the other tutorials. Just to show you how green I am, when I was introduced to Keith and in our inital conversasion he mentioned that he puts on the MoJam I was thinking initally he was BS'n me but I found out later he was'nt. Nice guy for sure and very knowledgable ta boot.

Oh I don't think I will get rid of my self bow but I can still lust after that RD bbo, cuz it sure has nice curves. Seems like I tend to like the curves for some reason.

Mike...Was that fella you ate with named Jerry? Was he the one that had all the staves for sale?
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2008, 01:46:45 am »
No, the guy that had the staves was Jerry Stover.  He's from Yukon as well.  I got one of his cards if you need to get hold of him.

Mike
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2008, 01:04:41 pm »
Thanks MIke. I have one. Jerry Stover is the one that helped me thru my first stave layout and bandsaw rough out. I had previously only worked on board bows so laying out a stave was a big step for me and once I got it down I was off to the races with laying em and roughin em out. I got 4 bows roughed out and the handle splice thing done so I've got a little material to work with right now. I think I will start on my bith bow and then also get a linen or silk backed redoak going for my wife to shoot. She does'nt know it yet but she is fixing to become "Archeress Lisa".   

Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God