Author Topic: Too much positive tiller?  (Read 3314 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Too much positive tiller?
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2017, 11:19:51 am »
Good stuff Jeffro. The last osage I made and posted here has a very positive upper limb. I had to forget about its appearance and worry about its balance and feel. So, I kept scraping the top limb until it came into balance in relation to my hold on the bow. It still bugs me when I look at it braced, but I forget quickly after a few shots.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2017, 04:16:19 am »
Well there you have it , Brace tiller don't matter. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2017, 04:32:47 pm »
Well I'll just say this.It's more fun to hit what your aiming at.As long as set does't appear on one limb more then another with a different type positive tiller I'd say don't worry about it.Stressing it completely while tillering and then shoot it a lot.Time will tell in the long run.I want my bows to stress evenly yet and hit what I'm aiming at yet too.I usually get along well with 1/8" positive tiller with the string nocking point the same.The same distance above center of handle on  bows of even lengthed limbs.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed