Author Topic: Arrow Shelf Clearance?  (Read 6194 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: Arrow Shelf Clearance?
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2017, 11:49:08 am »
Doing things the same every time works for me.I suppose I anchor if you want to call it that lower on the face then most but it works for me.I don't need the bow to be straight up and down nor do I need it fully canted,but can shoot either way.I'd rather have it diverse like that myself for different positions of shooting and situations.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2017, 11:55:23 am »
That's where good form comes into the picture no matter if you shoot with the bow straight up and down or canter, if you're shooting over your shoulder, laying flat on the ground or shooting between your legs the triangle of your bow, your bow hand and your anchor line up the same. That consistency is where accuracy comes from.
 I know a guy that pulls to the center of his chest and he shoots as well as anyone I know because he is consistent.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2017, 12:02:06 pm »
Yes I know of a guy too that challenges anyone shooting here.They can shoot the way they want.He'll shoot from the hip.
BowEd
Ed

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2017, 12:17:47 pm »
I never got influenced by shooting a compound here.Never shot one yet but can see the value in shooting one to get good habit anchoring form.I feel that can be done as mentioned before with a lighter weight long bow too yet.
Anyway when the arrow leaves I don't want any noise or very little or funny motion from my shaft and then hit my target hopefully.I doubt whether I'll change my set up any time if it keeps working the way it does.It was an evolving thing for me to get to this point mostly on my own losing and breaking arrows....lol over a period of a good 6 months or so at least in the beginning.Too many teachers spoil the broth I think and whatever works consistently for them selves worked out for them selves should be the route to take.
BowEd
Ed

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2017, 12:51:49 pm »
yes the proof is in the pudding, if you hit what you are aiming at, then you had good form,, (-P

Offline Jim Davis

• Reparrows
    • Reparrows
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2017, 01:28:19 pm »
All that can be hoped for is that the arrow will do the same thing every shot. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT IT DOES, as long as it DOES THE SAME THING every time.

The bow will not change what the arrow does from shot to shot. Only mismatched arrows will make a difference. They don't even have to be TUNED to the bow, as long as they are all alike, they will all fly alike.

I haven't cut a shelf into a handle for 20 years and I've made a LOT of bows that all shot well.
Jim Davis

Kentucky--formerly Maine

Offline DC

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2017, 02:38:36 pm »
OOOH, that's purty! :)