Author Topic: Bunny Rabbit  (Read 1796 times)

Offline vinemaplebows

Re: Bunny Rabbit
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2016, 08:49:52 pm »
That's a tasty treat that is a staple around my house....I raise them. Looks good Eddie!
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2016, 11:25:28 pm »
That looks good.  Minus the Jager  :D   We raise rabbits for the kids to show in 4H and they do very well with them.  We end up letting them go after they show them.  I just can't bring myself to kill a rabbit that we've raised from a baby.  I might have a change of heart next year after seeing your pictures.

I handle about 40 4-H rabbits every year after the fair.  It's a don't ask, don't tell sort of things.

Some of them end up in my kitchen, too. But the wild ones taste far better.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2016, 06:36:04 am »
I agree JW the wild ones are much tastier, but the 4-H bunnies are good too. My daughter in law is a 4-H leader and raises them for our grandkids as well as other kids. She usually buys a bunch at the fair too. Nothing wrong with eating those bunnies Osage. I'm going to tell her about this recipe. She makes rabbit pot pie that's fantastic. She also makes like a poled pork barbecue  (minus the pork) that's really good to. She makes a big pot of it we take to the fair the kids love it, good to know where your food comes from. I do understand how much goes into raising 4-H animals Clint so I know what your saying. That really looks good Eddie
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise