Author Topic: How to make this knot  (Read 2539 times)

Offline turmoiler

How to make this knot
« on: October 15, 2016, 12:58:23 pm »
Hello,

I've seen this knot in another post, it seems interesting when you want to change the size of the loop but for me it is impossible to do it only seeing this picture. Can anybody point to some instructions or explain it how to do it,

thanks

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: How to make this knot
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 01:22:39 pm »
A bowline knot would do the same. Google Bowline Knot and there should be a slo-mo video of how to tie it.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DC

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 02:15:06 pm »
The trouble with some of these knots is that with the final tightening it's kind of hit or miss where the knot ends up. The nice thing about the bowyers knot is that you can control where it ends up very nicely. Even though it can slip a bit with Fast Flight :(

Offline PatM

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 02:22:22 pm »
I don't see how instructions could make that any clearer? Just get your string and follow the pattern.

Offline DC

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 02:24:56 pm »
It looks like the path I take when I try to go through a round-about ;D

Offline penderbender

• island life...
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2016, 02:35:28 pm »
I don't see how instructions could make that any clearer? Just get your string and follow the pattern.
I was thinking that, but didn't want to say so haha

Offline Msturm

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2016, 02:39:32 pm »
Search youtube for Bowyers knot, or timber hitch.  I believe its the same knot. either way both work well. There are literally thousands of how to videos.

Offline turmoiler

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2016, 04:06:48 pm »
Thanks Pat that is what I was looking for!!!

Sometimes following the image of the finished knot doesn't tell you the steps used for making it, now with the instructions I can make the knot wherever I like and I don't need to look at the picture of the finished knot always.

Offline PatM

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2016, 04:40:58 pm »
  How is having the instructions any different from having a diagram? Either way you don't actually know how to tie the knot without directions of some sort. ;)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2016, 05:36:15 pm »
The trouble with some of these knots is that with the final tightening it's kind of hit or miss where the knot ends up. The nice thing about the bowyers knot is that you can control where it ends up very nicely. Even though it can slip a bit with Fast Flight :(

:o ;D Slips a little? :laugh:The way I found so it doesen't slip with fast flight is to put a small dot of CA glue on it.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline DC

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2016, 08:04:44 pm »
I use a double wrap around the main string and 4 or more wraps through the loop. I think this was Gordon's or Carson's idea. Sorry if I've got the wrong people. I wasn't my idea is what I'm getting at.