Author Topic: Matthew  (Read 3805 times)

Offline Danzn Bar

Re: Matthew
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2016, 09:24:50 pm »
Yep ....best wishes to all my friends in FL ...be safe and god bless................
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2016, 10:15:27 pm »
Well, looks like it is shifting to the west a little, this one is starting to look real nasty. I like it when they come in the daylight, not midnight.
I'm in Jacksonville but my wife (she's not a native) has insisted we leave, so we're leaving later today. I'm more stressed about getting on the road and staying with the in-laws than the hurricane, lol.

You guys are smart to get out of Jacksonville, my youngest brother is in a second story apartment on the st. Johns River and I think he is going to ride it out. He has too many pets(birds, mostly), but I told him he was stupid and he needed to go to Tallahassee at least.

It ought to be fun going to work in the morning. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2016, 11:39:08 pm »
I've talked to friends in Savannah and Bluffton,SC. They are all heading west. Most of the motels in the upstate of SC(Greenville, Spartenburg, etc.) are full or filling fast. I-26 from Charleston to Columbia, SC. and I-16 out of Savannah are westward travel only, even the east bound lanes.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2016, 11:42:48 pm »
Same here, Pat, mass migration from the east coast. The sad part is most will not have anything to go back too.

And it's turned to the west a little so we are going to get a little bit more then expected.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2016, 11:44:11 pm »
I hope you guys stay safe and don't have to much damage.  I'll be thinking about you guys.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2016, 11:59:25 pm »
There are a few folks on the Florida South coast that plan to stay and "save" or "Protect" their property. It ain't worth it. My wife and I traveled to Charleston the day after Hugo hit in 1989 to bring supplies to a friend that lived there. The destruction was almost unbelievable. Hundreds of acres of planted pines snapped off 30' above the ground, live oaks totally defoliated and the tops twisted out and piles of boats of all sizes pushed up into giant mounds.
 The weather service just said it looked like the eye will not come ashore along Florida but stay just off shore.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2016, 04:35:30 am »
Keep us updated Eddie, stay safe. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2016, 11:03:05 am »
Got lucky, it didn't make landfall last night and we got only a half inch of rain where I'm at and the wind wasn't real bad either. But it sure looks like Jacksonville and Savannah are getting pounded.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Stoker

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2016, 04:45:45 pm »
Saw the early news this morning at 5.. Wow.. Stay safe my freinds
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2016, 10:46:42 pm »
Thanks, Leroy, we might get a second chance next week if it makes the loop they are talking about.It's good the Food plots got planted last weekend in SC. :)
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2016, 01:03:38 am »
I think the food plots got watered in pretty good Eddie. They should have a good start in a couple of weeks.
 I haven't heard from friends in Savannah or Bluffton but if the water gets as high as they said(at 2am in the morning) the house I owned and lived in in Bluffton 26 years ago and our friends in Savannah will be partially under water. I know they evacuated but it will be a few days before I find out how they fared.  Fingers crossed.

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2016, 11:30:44 am »
Made it back last night, everything's fine at my place, seems the only casualty was an older quart of half n half, lol. Man, I'll tell you, I would rather have been at the beach than make that trip to Panama City and back in a van with a wife, two boys, three cats and a parrot ever again...