Author Topic: What to do  (Read 3034 times)

Offline sleek

Re: What to do
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2016, 11:46:16 pm »
Well, if you are going for a 5 curve, certainly go ahead and deflex both limbs to look as if they are braced already, to the point that the limb tips are even with the point of the handle. You WILL have to recurve the ends up to allow for string angle. If you do it so that the tips of the bow are even with the handle AFTER you have recurved them, you will be able to get a decent draw length out of this bow, at very least 26 depending on weight, even further. I have done exactly that on several bows with much sucess.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline wizardgoat

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2016, 12:44:42 am »
sleek - why deflex the limbs that much? I think the way you have it clamped up looks good. I've only my 4 true 5 curves, and they all have a few inches of reflex over all

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2016, 08:58:25 am »
Exactly, goat.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline JonW

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2016, 10:18:49 am »
sleek - why deflex the limbs that much? I think the way you have it clamped up looks good. I've only my 4 true 5 curves, and they all have a few inches of reflex over all

+2

Offline sleek

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2016, 01:09:43 pm »
Basically I was giving him the parameters i built slightly ticked with. Add to it that thats a high crown non osage wood, fairly short, and one im not familiar with. I only sugest the limbs deflex so the tips are even with the handle effectively making it a straight stave. That should allow for a comfortable longer draw than with it having any reflex and make the bow more stable and less stressed, less likely to break. I know yall know slightly ticked but the link is for his benefit.

http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,53940.0.html
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 01:13:08 pm by sleek »
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others