Author Topic: I am tired...  (Read 2262 times)

Offline YosemiteBen

I am tired...
« on: August 06, 2016, 02:22:26 pm »
Tired of death....

Seems like the only traveling my wife and I have been doing in the last few years has been when someone passes.

Cousins, uncles, friends, most recently my wife's ex- mother in law. We have had quite a few passings over the last few years. I continuously offer prayers for you all for your families and friends for ailments, cancers and passings. I am truly appreciative for all of your prayers too. You all are an amazing bunch of folks young and old(er than me)!

I pray that you all stay well and keep smiling.
Ben

Offline Zuma

Re: I am tired...
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 07:49:31 pm »
Ben, we all start passing when we take our first breath.
It's a plan of nature. Death is a totally unknown venue.
My rules are some what like this-- You come with nothing,
you leave the same way. Do and be your best while you have
a chance.The odds of any of us being born and surviving
adolescence are phenomenal. Count your lucky stars and
give all you touch/reach the positives of your life. Trash the rest
and un burden your heart my brother.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 12:10:05 am »
Yep, life is like a Bow, once you draw it, it is almost broken. It is only a matter of time depending on how well it was taken care of or made.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Traxx

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 02:45:04 am »
While that all may be true,it still doesnt make it any easier to deal with.

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 04:13:07 am »
Yup, we've had a few over the last years. Sometimes I wake up feeling really down, in my head I'm composing what I'll say at various funerals :-X  :o ::)
I kick myself up the backside, count my blessings and get on with something, even if it's only cleaning up in the workshop.
I can remember being about 6 years old and worrying about that stuff... didn't do any good then, doesn't do any good now.
My Mum (died about a year ago) used to recount with a laugh how our son came up to her one day when he was little and said..
"Granny, what's death?"
Dunno how she got out of that question!
Keep on keepin' on, we'll have plenty of time to worry about it all when we're gone.
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2016, 06:46:01 am »
For me my faith really helps it's nice to know or at least hope myself and most of my friends, family and neighbors are worthy of going to " the happy hunting grounds" I truly believe in death there is new life. I know what you mean about going to so many funerals, it's been a hard summer here to. One of my very best friends lost his daughter about a month ago. He lost his only son right after graduation when he took his own life. He has one daughter left. He told her she has to live to 169 years old. I don't ask why, I'm just great full for the time I'm givin and hope I use it wisely
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2016, 01:17:48 pm »
I try to remind myself that death is the unknown to the living. Never heard of ANY of the pain, fear, feeling of loss that plagues humans in life.......then I think.....who is really better off? I have never seen the dead weep for the living.

Sorry for your loss.
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2016, 08:45:33 am »
Keep on keeping on Ben!
Get up early and watch the sun rise, stay out late and watch the sun set, live each day to the fullest.

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline JEB

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2016, 09:42:37 am »
YUP, the older we get the more folks we know that have moved on.  I read the obituaries everyday just to make sure my name ain't  in print.

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2016, 01:06:08 am »
Thanks fellers! I do know they cycle, as Trazz says sometimes, Knowing does not necessarily make it any easier.

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2016, 01:08:38 am »
I make time each morning to greet the day and not as much time to put it to bed. I love my family and am thankful when their pains are ended but somtimes.... Whats that country song about bein able to take the family to visit heaven so they can meet those who passed.... Sometimes...

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2016, 10:07:03 am »
It is a hard thing to deal with. But, depending on your beliefs, you shouldn't be sad, because they sure aren't.
Life is but a short trip in the whole big forever.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.