Author Topic: "White Wood"  (Read 1533 times)

Offline DC

"White Wood"
« on: July 18, 2016, 07:26:23 pm »
This is the first Pacific Dogwood I've worked. I was so impressed with the colour I had to post it. New meaning to white wood. Not a hunting bow in a natural finish ;D This was not taken with a flash, it was in a dim shop.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: "White Wood"
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 07:34:35 pm »
I know my red osier dogwood arrow shafts are so white too. Then if you put polycrylic on them they really shine
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Blayne

• Top Predator Outdoors
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 12:38:37 am »
Thats really nice! I have some now too, looking forward to working with it!
"A society grows great when old men plant trees under who shade they will never sit" Greek Proverb

Offline DC

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 12:10:12 pm »
I'm really enjoying working it. The scraper takes off spoke shave-like shavings without pulling the grain like yew can do. I'll have to be careful not to take off to much. Probably shouldn't be doing anything in this humidity, 98% right now and the lowest for the day will be about 75%. Cool at the moment though so it's nice.

Offline penderbender

• island life...
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 01:32:14 pm »
Looks like nice stuff. It doesn't grow here, besides the odd one someone planted. Looks similar to hazel, the color that is. Got a bit a character too. Like to see how it finish's  out. Cheers- Brendan

Offline Blayne

• Top Predator Outdoors
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2016, 01:21:05 pm »
Penderbender, you have no dogwood on the island? That surprises me. The stuff grows everywhere on the big island ;D
"A society grows great when old men plant trees under who shade they will never sit" Greek Proverb