Author Topic: "waste bow"  (Read 2888 times)

Offline penderbender

• island life...
"waste bow"
« on: May 16, 2016, 12:22:32 am »
Here is a little bow I decided to make after seeing dels sapwood yew bow. It was an split from a 4" diameter yew sapling. It was the "bad" side anyways. 44 1/2 inches long, 43 1/2 ntn. 35 # at 18", 40# at 20" about 40 pin knots, a knot hole in each limb, and a branch on the lower limb. Sorry about no pictures. New to this and it says attachments have to be less than 250 kb all my pics are like 2 mb no idea what to do there. Cheers

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
Re: "waste bow"
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 03:58:05 am »
First off, welcome to PA!

Try using photo bucket to upload your pictures. Then just copy the image link and past it to your post. That's what I do as well as some of the others.

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Jim Davis

• Reparrows
    • Reparrows
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 10:09:41 am »
First off, welcome to PA!

Try using photo bucket to upload your pictures. Then just copy the image link and past it to your post. That's what I do as well as some of the others.

Patrick

This certainly works, but if you ever move or remove you image from photobucket, it will no longer show up on here. If yo have Microsoft Office Picture Manager, you can reduce the image size there. It's not hard to figure out and worth learning. Then you can just upload the image from your computer and it will stay on the forum.
Jim Davis

Kentucky--formerly Maine

Offline penderbender

• island life...
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 10:13:47 am »
Thanks Patrick i'll check out photo bucket, see what I can do. Maybe get the old lady to help me haha. I'd like to get some bows on here, cause you've all been such an inspiration! Thanks again! Brendan

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 10:14:56 am »
PA no longer removes images from their server after certain amount of time?
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 10:23:20 am »
you should be able to change the size of them on your computer as well,,

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 11:11:15 am »
Don't forget to check out the new sticky post up top about posting pictures, a very good guide that covers taking and editing good bow pics and also good info on posting them.

Offline penderbender

• island life...
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 12:45:15 am »
Bow

Offline penderbender

• island life...
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 12:49:02 am »
Bows

Offline penderbender

• island life...
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2016, 12:52:17 am »
bottom limb, full draw, and top limb! Sorry the pics took so long had to get the old lady to help me out. Haha cheers!

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2016, 10:55:18 am »
Nice bend.

Offline penderbender

• island life...
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2016, 11:38:52 pm »
Thanks Urufu!

Offline penderbender

• island life...
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2016, 07:30:24 pm »
Just thought I'd give an update. Got to go stumping for a good hour or so today, happy Father's day! Anyways I shot about 100 arrows though this today. Very sweet little shooter! As you can see I'm a bit rusty. Had lots of fun though. Was tempted to take bambi here, but didn't haha just stumps! (Stumps aren't as good on the bbq though) haha anyways fast little bow!