Author Topic: New Addiction...........  (Read 1663 times)

Offline chamookman

New Addiction...........
« on: May 26, 2016, 04:38:29 am »
A Buddy and I have started throwing Tomahawks & Knives - what a blast ! Dang - Ya can't stop once You get goin'  >:D ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: New Addiction...........
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 06:57:09 am »
We have a block at the Club to throw at, I tried it but wasn't very good at it. Fun though. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 09:14:14 am »
We have a couple of hawk blocks at our archery club Hawkeye Bowmen. At our Primitive shoot in the spring we have a hawk and knife throwing competition where you have to cut a playing card or a string.
The best challenge I ever saw was, a round block on a ramp held by a string, you had to cut the string with your hawk and pull your knife from your belt and stick it in the block as it rolled down the ramp.

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline JEB

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 10:22:42 am »
I have a 4"  thick circular slab ( maybe 24" around) and a  wood tri pod holder at the hunting camp. The grandkids toss hawks from day light to dark.

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 10:25:26 am »
In the medieval society I belong to we have thrown weapons as an area of pursuit, they throw axes, knives and spears, they usually set up next to the archery range. Fun to watch.

Offline DC

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 12:00:52 pm »

The best challenge I ever saw was, a round block on a ramp held by a string, you had to cut the string with your hawk and pull your knife from your belt and stick it in the block as it rolled down the ramp.

Kevin

Did anyone manage to do this? I wouldn't think that even Chingachgook could pull that off :D

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 04:42:30 pm »
DC,
I could not do it but I saw two guys out of about a dozen cut the string and stick the knife in the rolling block and there was another who cut the string but failed to stick the knife.This challenge was one of several that another club set up on their hawk and knife course.

Kevin

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 11:40:30 pm »
And best of all, no matter how many times you throw the hawk or knife, you don't have to clean it like a charcoal burning gaspipe pinned to a stick!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2016, 01:02:06 am »

Kevin

Did anyone manage to do this? I wouldn't think that even Chingachgook could pull that off :D
[/quote

Dang Dc you are old!  I know because I know who he was!  Watched every week! ;)
                                     Wayne

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2016, 08:41:45 am »
I told you it was addicting!  >:D
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2016, 08:51:44 am »
Another simple but difficult challenge is cutting a vertical string.

Kevin

Offline DC

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2016, 11:00:48 am »

Kevin

[/quote

Dang Dc you are old!  I know because I know who he was!  Watched every week! ;)
                                     Wayne

I wondered if anyone would notice. My dad nd i watched it. I think Lon Chaney Jr was one of his favorites. I'm 68.