Author Topic: Just Wondering  (Read 1630 times)

Offline Wolf Watcher

Just Wondering
« on: March 29, 2016, 04:44:13 pm »
I have been surprised that there has been little mention of Jimmy's new book "PALE HORSE" here on PA.  I wonder how many of our PA members have read it?  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline seabass

Re: Just Wondering
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 11:02:49 pm »
I haven't read it yet Joe.but be sure I'm gonna get me a copy.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 04:20:28 am »
I know several in the club has read it and said it was a great book, I usually only read one book so couldn't say but when I get my copy I may give it a try. What did you think of it ?
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PNewton

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 06:29:12 am »
Just started reading my copy. Jimmy is a good writer, really enjoyed his 'Southern Roots' book. Hope to have the opportunity to meet him someday.

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 08:29:45 am »
Joe: 
I've read Jimmy's Southern Roots.  Now I'm sure to get Pale Horse.  I've been too busy making bow blanks for the Classic.  Soon, I'll be able to take some time to relax behind what I hear to be an excellent book.  Have you read it yet?
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 10:50:20 am »
Matt:  Like you I have been working on a pipe and case for the raffle.  I enjoyed and identified with Southern Roots and have been trying not to just read thru to the end of Pale Horse.  I can tell you that these modern day warriors are not the same as we were trained to fight in the old paratroopers.  I would have loved to have served under Jimmy's command and only hope I could have measured up to the standard his troops displayed!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight