Author Topic: Hit and run/texting while driving!  (Read 5049 times)

Offline willie

Re: Hit and run/texting while driving!
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2016, 04:09:44 pm »
sorry for your friend, jw. lucky it wasn't worse.

there was a head-on fatality that went to trial recently.... guys watching movies in the car that crossed the line

meanwhile Detroit is offering "heads up displays" in windshields, and I saw a motorcycle with handlebar control wheels, for the integrated gps

Offline JEB

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2016, 06:39:44 pm »
I got clipped by some moron doing a wide turn coming out of  parking lot. My right side and arm had some damage and the accident cause $300.00 to my $1,000.00 touring bike.  The guy took off so I had to pay for my repairs.  I sure feel for your friend.

Check your PM;s J W

Offline DuBois

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2016, 02:29:01 pm »
I became buddies with the realtor who got us into this house and his soon to be daughter in law got hit a year ago and the person ran off. She was in a coma and eventually came out after a week or so. She has memory troubles still and personality changes a little but they still got married, just a little later than planned.

Not sure if it had anything to do with texting but sure wouldn't doubt it.

I saw some news show that said "texting and walking" has become a very bad problem leading to many injuries.

What a world

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2016, 08:04:41 pm »
Good Man JW - I don't care what anyone else says about you behind your back! ;D

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2016, 11:39:37 pm »
Don't much seem to care what folks think of me these days either.  But I sure think the world of some of the folks I know...G***'s bike is paid for already.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Dakota Kid

• Maker of Things
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2016, 02:34:05 am »
The phones aren't getting smarter, they're just making everyone dumber. I threw my out years ago. I have a track phone for road trips and that's it. I enjoy reality way more than staring at my hand every 30 seconds. It's crazy to watch the mood swings that can occur just from a simple glance at that stupid square. I don't think humans are emotionally capable of knowing everything that happens as it happens.
I have nothing but scorn for all weird ideas other than my own.
~Terrance McKenna

Offline DuBois

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2016, 08:28:54 am »
I think that there is something to be said for the way it was before we had too much technology at our fingertips.

I think many people have lost the simple faith that if there is something important they need to be aware of, they will know it when they need to. It has turned from a tool to a addictive dependence and with that comes consequences.

I used to go out to play and hang out and never thought about what message I missed or what was on my phone. I survived it somehow  ;)

I like the way you look at it DK.

Offline DuBois

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2016, 08:29:35 am »
And yeah JW, good job getting that bike covered for her!