Author Topic: Loss of a freind  (Read 3823 times)

Offline Buffalogobbler

Re: Loss of a freind
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2016, 09:05:30 am »
All dogs go to Heaven

I have taken comfort from that thought in the past, I hope it helps you Leroy.

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline gifford

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2016, 09:33:07 am »
Larry - sorry for your loss, it never gets easier.

Kudos for adopting/rescuing an older dog, they need forever homes too.

Offline sapling bowyer

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2016, 11:48:52 am »
I'm so sorry man I understand your feelings. I lost the best dog we ever had when I was 5. He was the most loyal dog I have ever seen. No wonder how special that dog was to you but every creature will eventually die. Hope this helps you.
Time is short

Offline Stoker

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2016, 12:51:05 pm »
Thank you all for your kind words and understanding.. Most of us have been there.. My Dad says '' You might not be first but you can be next'' .. It's some how funny the way they seem to become family without you noticing.. To be honest I did not want this dog at first.. Ms Kerrie felt sorry for him.. He was bought out of a respectable breeder.. Family separated 1 1/2 years later she couldn't take him, He hated him.. Neighbor across the street took him in.. They had little kids Luke loved them.. Once again he hated Luke..  Something goes sideways with them.. Move split dog has to go.........
ring ring
me - hello
ms k - Hi honey I found a dog he's beautiful
me - no
ms k - he's a irish setter I love him
me - no
ms k - he's such a nice boy I'm taking him home for a couple days to see what he's like
me - no
ms k - ok i'll see you at home tonight love you
me - no
click
Fella was standing there says what's that about??
I said I guess I got a dog

I have a wall in the shop where I hang pictures and gifts form friends past and present.. His collar with tags hangs there now.. I'm thinking a plaque with a nice picture.. He was part of the crew.. May the great creator allow us to sit around the campfire with all our friends..
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2016, 07:59:08 pm »
After the passing of my childhood friend I have never become attached to another like the bond I had with him. Our 16yo lab/rot cross is ready to go and no -one but me is ready to let her go..... The loss of a friend is always hard - some more than others..... Prayers for you Leroy!

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2016, 11:42:42 pm »
There is a tree of pain and loss at our local dog park.  Dog tags, rabies tags, and such are nailed to the trunk of this large ash tree.  I always reach out and run my hand down the bark of that old tree every time we go to the dog park. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.