Author Topic: It's a bad day at work when.....  (Read 3577 times)

Offline Zuma

Re: It's a bad day at work when.....
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2015, 11:18:26 am »
Well, my secretary at work has been making eyes at me.  His name is Steve.

It is better to be loved by Steve, than not loved at all

New topic here! Bad day in jail.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline bushboy

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2015, 06:56:24 pm »
Few years ago I was rigging a 24" stainless line about 100 long on top of a 150 ' stripper tower at a ethanol plant when the alarm blew.i had a 300 ton crane on the hook and had to somehow cut him loose and safe out the load.had to quickly hot bolt it on the vessel flange which was a pain but we got it done asap not knowing if there was an explosion risk or not.scrabbled down the ladder nearly slipping in my haste.turned out a guy had a heart attack and died suspended in his harness 30 ' up.the high angle rescue guys looked very shaken after that ordeal,myself also!
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline Olanigw (Pekane)

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2015, 05:22:55 pm »
Inpatient psychiatry

It was almost a bad day at work when an acutely suicidal patient palmed a plastic knife from the kitchen and made it to an artery.

It was almost a bad day at work when biting into an apple got a nurse strangled.

It was almost a bad day when I got a gob of bloody saliva spit into my eyes.

It's almost a bad day when we're working with half the staff the Unit needs

But the only bad day is when I find a patient's name in the Obituaries.
"Good enough" is the enemy of great
PN501018

Offline red hill

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2015, 09:54:56 pm »
Worse day at work? The Monday morning at school waiting for 1st period to start, when I was asked to be a pall bearer for one of my students. She was 13... Leukemia... Her name was Michelle.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2015, 12:39:20 am »

Speaking of poop, at one of the Fire stations, I sometimes worked at, when there was a heavy rain, the sewers would back up, and while taking a shower, you would smell something, and look down, and you are standing in about two inches, of poop, particles, suspended in water.  Then the drain in the middle of the bay, would over flow with the same.  Nice.  As for deaths, When I worked at our central dispatch, I would dread getting a child drowning, as one year, we had quite a few.  Then when I was in the combat side, death on calls was somewhat common, suicides, car wrecks, house fires, and not but a half mile from the station, one evening, there was a 2yr. old that drowned, and despite, the best of two of our best medics, he died.  The Engine driver, and I were left trying to console, and calm down the Father, till his neighbor, who was a nurse, could take over. This was a Christmas eve.
J.W., just string Steve along, till after Christmas, give subtle hints of what would be a great Christmas gift, then after Christmas, tell him you have decided to go straight again. ;)   At least till next Christmas. ::)

Wayne

Offline LittleBen

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2015, 10:07:31 am »
Well, my secretary at work has been making eyes at me.  His name is Steve.

Just make sure your husband doesn't find out  >:D lol

Never laughed so hard reading a post