Author Topic: New video game may be worth a look (I know, hear me out, lol)  (Read 1691 times)

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

New video game may be worth a look (I know, hear me out, lol)
« on: October 06, 2015, 02:49:23 pm »
The new FarCry game was announced today and it's set in the stone age. Instead of the usual array of guns and vehicles etc there's going to be a tool crafting system (knapping minigame maybe) to make spears and bows and possibly atlatls. If anyone knows anything about the recent FarCry games they are known to be very immersive and expansive, there's going to be mammoths and sabre tooth tigers etc. Has potential to be a really cool early man simulator!

http://www.pcgamer.com/far-cry-primal-officially-unveiled-coming-in-early-2016/
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 02:57:15 pm by Urufu_Shinjiro »

Offline Tower

Re: New video game may be worth a look (I know, hear me out, lol)
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 04:19:30 pm »
Looks like it could be fun.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

JacksonCash

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 05:46:45 pm »
I always find bows in video games to be disappointing. They are almost always too heavily stylized and creak when drawn. I'm a Far Cry fan, and this does look like it could be fun. I didn't see any evidence of atlatls in the material, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did work them in.

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 09:04:10 am »
Yeah, maybe that was wishful thinking, but Far Cry being known for a wide variety of weapons it would seem a big missed opportunity if they left atlatls out. The bows in Far Cry 4 were pretty good. That mammoth hunt in the video though, can't wait to try that, lol.

Offline Ranasp

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 03:21:06 am »
Considering you could use a ridden elephant as a weapon in the last game, it wouldn't surprise me if they put every weapon known to man at the time in the game.