Author Topic: cool video! I think yall will like this!  (Read 4848 times)

mikekeswick

Re: cool video! I think yall will like this!
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2015, 03:12:42 am »
Here is a link to the Atayal aboriginal blade. You can research more about it and if anyone wants one, I'll pick it up for you from one of the traditional blacksmiths here in Hualien Taiwan. http://culture.teldap.tw/culture/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=668

I'll buy one off you if you think you could send it to England? Just PM me the details.

Offline DC

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2015, 11:55:11 am »
This may be a silly question but what is the difference between a big knife and a machete?

Offline sleek

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2015, 12:19:47 pm »
Pokiness
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline DC

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2015, 12:35:02 pm »
Thanks, I think ;D ;D ;D

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2015, 01:15:59 pm »
Great video. He really got that knife sharp on that stone. Making the bowstring from the bamboo was the most impressive to me. The arrow was wicked and simple. I wonder if the bow will eventually get tempered or at least pick up some poundage from drying.

Thanks for sharing!
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Limbit

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2015, 02:01:48 am »
Atayal, Taroko and Amis tribal blades from the local blacksmith. He is one cool guy and he obviously knows his craft! Sorry for the bad picture quality. My phone sucks and I don't own a camera.Here are the pics of the blades! Tell me which one you like. I think the double blade with the red handle is the most practical. That teacher is one cool cat and he really knows his stuff!