Author Topic: MOJAM  (Read 4681 times)

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
Re: MOJAM
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2015, 11:46:10 pm »
I actually attended Mo Jam this year a lot of great guys were there an helped me build my first it wasn't the 55lbs that I originally wanted but it's so awesome to shoot something I built

I don't remember you buddy, what is your first name? And what was you working on? Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2015, 01:14:07 pm »
You old guys and your benches ;)

Sleek - Not everybody thinks a bow must be built while standing on their head in the rain with nothing but a dull K-Bar and a sharp rock!  In fact, prior to meeting you, I'd have sworn that nobody was of such an opinion!  You beat a bow out of Osage better than many of us manage to finesse one out!

OneBow

Offline sleek

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2015, 12:04:03 pm »
Funny.... I dont recall using a sharp rock  >:D and I dont know about that statement,  many fine bows were built while I there and probably faster than mine. I was happy to be around such tallent. It was certainly good to hang out with youguys and thanks again for putting me up for the night.  I appreciate that.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2015, 01:50:20 pm »
I actually attended Mo Jam this year a lot of great guys were there an helped me build my first it wasn't the 55lbs that I originally wanted but it's so awesome to shoot something I built

I don't remember you buddy, what is your first name? And what was you working on? Patrick

Patrick - I believe this was Kasey, He did the late night Hickory sessions after working hard each day.

OneBow

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2015, 02:56:07 pm »
I remember him now, thanks! Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline gifford

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2015, 06:56:53 pm »
Thanks again for posting the pictures. Really enjoyed them.