Author Topic: half eye's latest Close range stopper  (Read 3898 times)

Offline crooketarrow

Re: half eye's latest Close range stopper
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2015, 12:44:25 pm »
  I use to bench rest shoot thru the 80's and early 90'2.

I saw one of those, a guy there had. He said first one' he'd ever saw or held. Ithink he paid $175:00. I'd like to shoot a few doe's with it. Shoot the sholders to see how big it that oz. of lead will expand

A real stopper I'm sure.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2015, 01:49:51 pm »
Dang Rich that thing looks like it would kill in the front & cripple in the rear.
Is that the gun you were telling me about when we talked on the phone?

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2015, 04:59:49 pm »
Nothing says 'STOP' better than a shotgun slug.  That is an awesome piece Rich!  I have slug molds and handload for my twelve guage.  I got into it pretty heavy when the store shelves all ran dry of 30-06 rounds a couple of years back.  (Insert quote from the movie Unforgiven - "I don't want to get killed for a lack of shooting back") ;)  I have been experimenting with loads for a while.  You are passed the velocity of lots of factory 12 ga. slugs already!  Does your muzzle brake help much?  The stock finish reminds me of my old Eddystone.    I bet if you keep adjusting your load, you will find one that stacks them in a nice group out of those brass shells.   How much does the gun weigh? 
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline half eye

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2015, 07:10:51 am »
Marc, you are correct....I'm loading Hogdons Longshot which is a slow burner (as far as shotgun powder goes) but after this load I'm going to work one up for the .735 round ball with a "buck and ball" patch arrangement.

Crooket, Thanks sir

Trapper, this would be the one,sir

Howard, your right. When the purpose is intimidation (people) a big bore is the way to go. That finish is the original from about the 20's and the patina is great. It shoots fairly tight as is but I,m still working on the perfect paper for the patch. The thing about the brass cases and no crimp is ya glue in the paper patched bullet, I'm using both Duco and Seal-all right now. It's a little light (I'll weigh it today) I'm guessing maybe 6#....and ya do get your moneys worth on the recoil but I've never been sensitive to recoil. It's a fun gun to shoot.
rich

Offline autologus

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2015, 02:16:24 pm »
Wow, that is a weapon of mass destruction right there.  Destroys both the shooter and the shootee.  >:D

Grady
Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2015, 10:13:52 pm »
Yeah, something about looking into the open end of a culvert sized barrel will hold your fascination! 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline DC

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2015, 10:23:39 pm »
Years ago my uncle interrupted some guys that were emptying his freezer. They pulled a gun on him and made him lie on the floor and made their escape. When the police were interviewing him they asked him how big was the barrel of the gun. My uncle put his thumbs and forefingers together and said."This frigging big!" It all depends on your point of view.