Author Topic: Ravenbeak Natureworks Bow Building Workshop  (Read 3510 times)

Offline Blayne

• Top Predator Outdoors
Ravenbeak Natureworks Bow Building Workshop
« on: July 11, 2015, 10:28:23 am »
Hi all. I am new to the forum, introduced to it by Jamie from Ravenbeak Natureworks. I took the workshop with him last month, and had a fantastic time. I learned a lot and met some great people. I wrote a review of the weekend on my website to share my experience and so I could remember it all in the future! Looking forward to using Primative Archer as a resource to further my skills going forward!

Blayne

http://www.top-predator.com/blog/ravenbeak-natureworks-bow-workshop-the-review
"A society grows great when old men plant trees under who shade they will never sit" Greek Proverb

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Ravenbeak Natureworks Bow Building Workshop
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 11:36:06 am »
Congratulations, Blayne for completing Ravenbeak's workshop and for joining the ranks of the wood bow builders of the world and PA.  Looks you had a good and successful experience with Ravenbeak.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline wizardgoat

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 03:33:18 pm »
I also did a build with Jamie. He's a great guy and we had an awesome time

Offline DC

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 04:41:09 pm »
Me three. I almost went again this time but it didn't work out. Thinking real hard about the arrow workshop.

Offline Blayne

• Top Predator Outdoors
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 11:01:14 pm »
Thats great guys. I figured there were more alumni from RavenBeak on this board ;D
"A society grows great when old men plant trees under who shade they will never sit" Greek Proverb

Offline LittleBen

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2015, 12:46:19 am »
I've been thinking for a while about signing up for the long course for a while now. Just waiting until I can stomach the cost. Not that I think he fee is unfair, but flying from NY to Bc adds a lot of expense ... But with all the positive feedback, maybe i need to just go for it.

Offline Blayne

• Top Predator Outdoors
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2015, 10:01:55 am »
Oh wow, your not kidding LittleBen. It is such a beautiful place here, so make a vacation out of it! Lived here my whole life and am still in awe of the scenery

Offline Badger

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2015, 10:22:09 am »
  That looks like a good class and reasonable. Does the class take a bow from start to finish in 3 days? That is pretty good time working with new bowyers!

Offline DC

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2015, 11:18:44 am »
Yes it goes from stave to shooting in 3 days. Jamie showed us how to do a leather grip but I don't think anyone did one. There was a couple did antler tips.  On the class I was on I was the only one that had made a bow. The rest were brand new. The first day I thought my forearm was going to explode :D

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2015, 07:07:40 pm »
Excellent, Blayne. Welcome to wood bowyery.  Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline Blayne

• Top Predator Outdoors
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2015, 09:48:06 am »
Thanks George! I was also the only one who had built a bow before. No one had any problems making there bow, aside from the fatigue in day one! I can see how a bandsaw is a magical tool in wood bow building lol