Author Topic: Helps to have a good net man  (Read 3642 times)

Offline Danzn Bar

Re: Helps to have a good net man
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2015, 06:51:36 pm »
That's a real good one Chris,  Congrats,  :)
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2015, 09:25:41 pm »
Stockponds in western SD are loaded with stunted bass and the occasional big leg woman bucket mouthed bass.  Plus there are always "prairie trout", a.k.a. northern pike, bluegills, crappie, perch, etc.  Standing in a wide bottom canoe under a full moon on the prairie with a 5 wt whippersnapper rod is a great thing!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2015, 11:00:53 pm »
Chris what for flies are you using?
Lucy was trying to use her fly rod in the pond last night but she couldn't get any takers.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2015, 12:55:09 am »
Musta seemed like ya got yourself into a kettle of fish!  Congrats!!  Course, no comparison to a smallie 1/3 that big outta a MO stream ...  :o
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline chamookman

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2015, 04:19:50 am »
NICE ! Your a Man of many talents - LOVE fishing with a Fly Rod. I'm guessing 5 1/2 to 6 lbs. Haven't fished for "Stump Carp" in  along time - I usually chase River Smallies  O:) Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2015, 07:03:16 am »
Nice one Pearl,don't know how big,I don't fish much but looks big to me. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2015, 07:45:54 am »
Musta seemed like ya got yourself into a kettle of fish!  Congrats!!  Course, no comparison to a smallie 1/3 that big outta a MO stream ...  :o

Aaaaaaah....You mean more like this sharp shooter?

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2015, 07:59:59 am »
Chris what for flies are you using?
Lucy was trying to use her fly rod in the pond last night but she couldn't get any takers.

Streamers in various colors and mouse flies in black Rob. This particular fish took what I call a crystal minnow. Its a 3" streamer fly with clear and iridescent materials, it also has a little red throat patch of hair. I think that's the killer.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

blackhawk

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2015, 10:11:08 am »
Not bad there pal...but I think the 3 trout I caught with my bare hands two days previous is more impressive....PLUS...  I ATE MINE!!!!!!  >:D  :laugh:

Offline RyanR

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2015, 06:14:32 pm »
Nice fish, I couldn't imagine landing one that size on my fly rod.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2015, 01:56:35 am »

Nice, even in Florida, it would be considered a keeper.  I am with Eddie, 5-6lb.s  Yeah, it is a blast catching bass on a fly rod.  I used to bass fish with a fly rod.  Even used a cheap Walmart big reel, and to catch sea trout.  They catch marlin on fly rods, so a bass isn't phenomenal at all.  Nice fish just the same, and a lot of fun.  I used a deer hair mouse, I made, and some poppers to catch bass with.  Even used the poppers to catch some sea trout.

Wayne