Author Topic: a lesson in safety for your beginning drivers  (Read 4277 times)

Offline DLH

Re: a lesson in safety for your beginning drivers
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2015, 11:46:59 pm »
My friend drives a big truck and said he got stuck in traffic today on I65 from a 6 tractor trailer pile (don't hold me to 6 it was crazy regardless). Just had someone get off in a median yesterday and crossed onto my side of the highway. Seen a tractor trailer of pipe laid over in the median going to work too those accidents give me chills. Also if I pass someone in the middle lane and a trucker is in the far right lane I'll wait until I'm in front of their vision to cross back into the middle lane in case they decide to merge into the middle at the same time. I assume that's common practice I myself don't want any part of a big truck accident in the ole ford focus I know who wins that battle.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2015, 02:14:15 pm »
I also like to flick my headlights in their rearview when they are clear of me when passing.  I know many of 'em appreciate that, especially in heavier traffic or at night.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2015, 01:00:51 pm »
in addition please turn on your headlights in inclement weather ;)
F150 in light rain

And car with just wet roads

Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline DC

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2015, 01:07:21 pm »
I noticed one day that silver(ish) cars disappear in the drizzle. I've also noticed a big increase in the number of silver cars. Seems like every other car is some shade of silver. Buy yellow and orange cars folks. Safer and they look way cool. In the opinion of an old drag racer(pre bracket)