Author Topic: All bamboo bow bending crooked. How to fix?  (Read 1446 times)

Offline Prarie Bowyer

All bamboo bow bending crooked. How to fix?
« on: April 14, 2015, 08:01:33 pm »
First attempt at a babmboo lamwich bow with knocks on the belly also.  70" with boo on the belly also.

???  It is twisting a tad and bowing sidewayse when strung.  When drawing it wants to twist in the hand.  Is that fixable with tilleringL by scraping the "strong" corner side of the belly and opposite side!

Wouldn't have thought it would twist.  If anything the verticle flooring is usually straight and consistent.

Want to get this down and move to a more conventional design with a riser but wanted to get a sense of thicknesses and tapers first.

Offline Blaflair2

Re: All bamboo bow bending crooked. How to fix?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 09:30:12 pm »
Seems like ur taper is uneven, or u glued twist in. Sounds more like one side is thicker than the other
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline Prarie Bowyer

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 10:25:55 pm »
Would have to be subtle. I sand ans flip and rotate all side before reducing thickness again.  Unless it is in the belly boo which I toasted on the inside.

Offline Badger

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 10:29:56 pm »
  If you laminated using inner tube wraps sometimes when we twist them all the same direction it sets up a little bit of a twist. No suggestions on fixing. I have never had much luck scraping from one side or the other without dropping too much weight.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 11:03:18 pm »
Will you post pics?
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

mikekeswick

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 03:23:18 am »
Twist induced at glue-up.
Centerline not perfect.
Lams reduced unevenly.
Those would be my guesses at the culprit!