Author Topic: some bones from the pile  (Read 1143 times)

Offline Bone pile

some bones from the pile
« on: February 27, 2015, 10:38:02 am »
With the weather getting close to prime for trout fishing ,Sea trout that is. I made a few bone points to try out . I will go barbless for the first go. Last year I tried a west cost bone hook barbless and didn't have much luck.The bait would slide off most of the time >:(. These are deer leg bone. I'll use standard leader and line.
fish on
Bone pile
Venice Florida

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: some bones from the pile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 10:49:56 am »
Ever try the style that is just tied at the middle with points formed on both ends? Cant remember the name, but seen it several times on TV programs.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 10:56:00 am »
Its called a toggle, Pearlie.
 Nice bone hooks Roger. Trout(spotted weakfish) and spot tails were always my favorite quarry. Good luck.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 06:21:46 am »
Nice Roger, very nice and I would think they should work. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Parnell

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 12:09:13 pm »
Those look awesome, Roger.  Hey, we were talking about pottery at the knap-in.  Have you done scratch pots yourself?

I dug clay this weekend and filtered it and am letting it settle, etc.  Wondering about a couple things...
1’—>1’