Author Topic: Newbie Jefferson city no  (Read 1800 times)

Offline dmathis992

Newbie Jefferson city no
« on: February 14, 2015, 10:54:43 am »
Newbie to jefferson city Missouri and new to primative archer. I've made self arrown and have been knapping glass but I cannot stop busting bows . Given it was a board bow (hickory) I used a rasp and was making a Molly but snapped during tillering. Any tips or suggestions?

Offline Aaron H

Re: Newbie Jefferson city no
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 10:57:01 am »
Welcome Dmathis.  Plenty of good information here.  I grew up in the Jefferson city area, my folks still live it that way.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 11:05:02 am »
Hey Dalton, I see ya made it here! After all the adult beverages we consumed the other night I thought you might forget, lol... When i get to my storage unit in Columbia i will grab ya some obsidian and some Sedalia....your inda right place here.... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline dmathis992

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 02:26:16 pm »
Thanks for the welcome and I know Brian I set a reminder on my phone just incase was a rough morning. And sweet I made a few more points. still glass cause that's all I have to work with but good practice. That bow obese making snapped had a hinge that I didn't pay attention to. Had a 62 lb draw at 27 inches tho.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 02:29:32 pm »
I will grab u a stave to, lol.... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline dmathis992

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2015, 03:29:44 pm »
Oh sweet hahapricoteciate the generosity