Author Topic: some "loud" modern arrows  (Read 2327 times)

Offline Tree_Ninja

• Clandestine Bow-ops
some "loud" modern arrows
« on: March 01, 2015, 03:10:53 pm »
Hey Folks,

Since most of my wood needs to season, I've spent more time making (assembling?) some arrows.

Loud visibly not audibly BTW. 

Red and white on left are my first batch of assembled arrows. Took a few to figure out paint and finish combo. POC shafts and all parts ordered online. 50-55# spine, 125 grain target heads. It's easy to spot these in the bush and on the target.  12 cost about 40$ all in (minus my invaluable time).  Used fletchite platinum glue, no clamps = frustration.

The black feathers are canada goose all split and ground by myself.

The middle brown and red arrows, with black feathers are the only two that survived from my first 6 that I made from clothes drying-rack dowels the previous house owner left behind.

The middle short one is ocean spray with artificial sinew. It had a slate point which lasted 3 hit and a miss.

Bamboo with scorched banding. On the right is 30-35# red cedar shafts from here on the island. Brass 125 grain tips.

I have some nice cypress Im going to start on as well as some primitive shafts.

I switched over to fletching tape and just ripping my feathers in half. Arrow-making is fun now.

Oh yeah, cedar bark quiver with cherry pitch glue.

Offline DC

Re: some "loud" modern arrows
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 03:29:00 pm »
Nice, they should be easy to find.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 08:20:05 am »
Yep they should show up in the winter woods. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Tree_Ninja

• Clandestine Bow-ops
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 08:59:33 am »
No winter here Pappy! Should be about 13 celsuis (56-57 F) this weekend and sunny. Mosquitos are out, trees are in blossom and the fish are biting. At this point I don't think we'll even get a winter.

Made a couple bamboo flu-flu with sheĺl casing blunts and some spiral fletched cedar arrows. Ill try and get more pics up tonight