Author Topic: Tiller help  (Read 3158 times)

Offline david w.

Tiller help
« on: January 21, 2008, 03:46:01 pm »
What do you think?

[attachment deleted by admin]
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
Re: Tiller help
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 04:28:27 pm »
It's really hard to tell with out a solid back ground behind the bows limbs. Can you take a better picture? It looks stiff right out of the fades to me and working a little hard in mid and outer limbs.
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline Dano

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 04:29:06 pm »
Not bad, both limbs look pretty even. I would get them bending more out of the fades soon tho.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Nevada

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 05:22:27 pm »
I have to agree with Ryan, its really hard to see.  I also agree it might be bending a little much at midlimb and not enough at the fades or tips.  We really cant tell you anything without seeing the unbraced profile.  A solid background will make it easier to see the tiller also.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline tom sawyer

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 05:44:39 pm »
I agree too, left limb looks almost hingy at 3/5 way out.  Right limb is a little smoother, but both are too stiff near the fades.

I wold work the inner limbs and then maybe string the bow to a low brace and measure the degree of bend by running a short straightedge (3 or 4", like a drivers license or something) and look at the gap under the edge.  It will tell you where things are flat and where they are bending harder than the rest.  It works well except right at the fades.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline david w.

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 07:32:52 pm »
THanks for the help. i will try to get a better picture. I think i know hwat to do now so when i start tillering on full brace will post pics again
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo