Author Topic: New side project "FINISHED" this past weekend. "log cabin" cat house  (Read 7119 times)

Offline caveman2533

• Steve Nissly
Re: New side project started this past weekend. "log cabin" cat house
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2015, 11:14:01 pm »
If all else fails and the cat won't use it or it decide to stray off to somewhere else, you have built yourself a portable campfire., simply  lite some kindling inside (remove from under back porch first)  and Waa Laa, instant campfire.

Offline neuse

Re: New side project started this past weekend. "log cabin" cat house
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2015, 07:40:30 am »
That is cool.

Offline mhof86

Re: New side project "FINISHED" this past weekend. "log cabin" cat house
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2015, 10:57:08 am »
Over the past weekend I put a little more time into the cabin. I found some shingles stashed up in the garage and figured I would stop procrastinating. Also caulked the gaps (most of them, ran out of caulk and need to get some more but it will do for now). The phrase when putting the caulk and shingles on was "the cat wont care" which helped remind me that my horrible roofing job will still keep the rain off of a not so stray cat anymore.

Offline DC

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2015, 01:27:25 pm »
The roof looks great! A perfectly straight roofing job would look out of place on a log cabin. Let us know if the cat likes it.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2015, 09:05:08 pm »

Looking good!  Would suggest you put it on stilts, or a platform, with a ramp.  Also a window or two in the back and sides.  cats like to be up high, and like to be able to see around them.  Just a couple of inch or so holes, would suffice.  If you brush her, put some of her hair in the cabin also, so she will feel comfortable in there.  A little catnip, would help also.  Nice cabin, and stop using the cat as an excuse to revisit your childhood. ;) :D  Good job, and a kind gesture for an abandoned pet.  You could put the cabin on a piece of plywood, and put a front porch on the cabin, and use the plywood base, as a place to put her food and water.

Wayne

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2015, 08:47:17 am »
My cats would love to live in there. If you put it in a tree they would never come out!
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2015, 01:24:41 pm »
My cats would love to live in there. If you put it in a tree they would never come out!

Plus.....  The squirrels, would be like....... home delivery, meals on feet so to speak. ;) ;D Kitty would not have to go hunting, just sit by the door, and wait. :)
                                    Wayne

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2015, 03:48:41 pm »
That is all one of my cats does. 31 pound Maine Coon.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.