Author Topic: two years till Tennessee  (Read 2496 times)

Offline Tyke

two years till Tennessee
« on: January 11, 2015, 02:15:02 am »
Me and my wife have been discussing moving from utah for for a while now and finally we've decide Tennessee is the place for us we both still need beautiful mountains and four season in our lifes.With music also being so important to the both of us Tennessee seems like the perfect place for us.Now we just need to figure out a town out of the city but still close enough for work.we've given ourselves two years to sell our house find jobs and move somewhere a little more country and alot less western. Any job or small town suggestions would be awesome thanks y'all  ;)
why buy it when you can build it

Stringman

Re: two years till Tennessee
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 09:24:37 am »
Clarksville?!?  >:D ;D :o

blackhawk

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 09:30:16 am »
If mountains are still important then look at the towns in far eastern TN like bristol,Johnson city,king sport,greeneville,Newport,sevierville,maryville and others. If I were you I'd try and research all these places as much as ya can,and then take a vacation out there visiting the ones you liked the most. Talk to the locals and ask them questions on what they like and dislike about it. That's a pretty big move. I love my Appalachia out east here,but I love and miss my Rockies even more. I went from western Colorado to Pennsylvania, and its a pretty big change culturally,the way of life,and scenery.

Is all your family in Utah? I'd love to move back west,but I just can't get past taking my wife and kids away from there other family members. To me family is more important than the locale I live in. And to me home is where your family is. There's no replacing them. I learned that the hard way when I was out west. Like I said that's a big move and requires a lot of thought and prayer imo.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 10:09:36 am »
Clarksville?!?  >:D ;D :o

That's where I would start looking.   ;D
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 11:13:25 am »
No mountains in Clarksville, nice hills yes but no mountains.
Tyke, what kind of jobs do you and your wife do?
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 11:23:44 am »
He would be leaving his family, blood and otherwise.  :'( I support his wishes. He is a hill person after all. I would love to pull up roots and go somewhere new, but my wifes family all live here. Within about 1 mile of each other. My family is all over the map. From Texas to Canada, Oregon to Connecticut. Chances are h would buy an old charger and change his name to Luke.  >:D
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 11:24:27 am »
Chattanooga area is nice, also. Not real far from Nashville, Birmingham, or Atlanta. And, about 2 1/2 hours from Pappy's.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Tyke

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 11:31:37 am »
Clarksville would be nice being close to nashville but no mountains like pat said.ive been doing hvac for 18 years my whole adult life and id be happy with any job my wife got

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 02:55:09 pm »
I live in Jacksboro, which is about 30 miles north of Knoxville.  Some pretty good sized mountains here and plenty of HVAC contractors in the big city.  I vote for Clarksville though.
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Tyke

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2015, 08:05:00 pm »
Big change of plans just scored a killer job here in Utah that pays good enough to stick around but also will allow me to afford to come vist places like Tennessee