Author Topic: Recent Edition  (Read 1623 times)

Offline bow101

Recent Edition
« on: January 10, 2015, 11:53:45 pm »
It was a welcome read on a certain topic in the recent edition of the PA mag about a handicap gal shooting a bow.  Great story on how he utilized some stuff found at a thrift shop to make an arm extension for the girl to shoot a bow. Its stories like this that make this sport/hobby fascinating and to see youth like that smiling really hits a soft spot in the old heart.   ;)
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: Recent Edition
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 11:59:54 pm »
My initial scan thru the magazine caught this article right away.  I was pretty stoked when I finally got to read it entirely. 

I can only imagine this young girl's thrill to be able to compete on a level playing field with her peers.  This article is easily my favorite article of all time for P.A.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline paoliguy

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 12:15:28 pm »
I took that issue in to work to show that article to some of my co-workers (mostly compounders). Not only did they agree how awesome it was that the young lady got to shoot but they also took note of how interesting all of the primitive archery stuff in general was. I even had one guy ask me to bring in some other issues for him to check out.

Offline Swampman

• Primitive Archer subscription number PM109299
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 01:48:10 pm »
I scanned through PA when I got it like, but that article got my attention and I just sat down read it even though I didn't have time. Inthen had to share it with my wife.  That was a great article. 

Mike