Author Topic: loosing mind at prep school  (Read 2014 times)

Offline pincushin

loosing mind at prep school
« on: October 12, 2014, 11:13:46 pm »
So I landed myself a spot at Choate and Rosemary Hall prep school playing on the football team. I had to move from Wyoming to Connecticut. I am not allowed to keep any archery equipment in my dorm room and I think I am quiet possibility going crazy not building and shooting wood bows.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: loosing mind at prep school
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 12:50:31 am »
If you are a Quarterback, University of Florida needs one. Heck, are you a Coach?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 08:20:34 am »
Yep UT also. ;) :) or Vandy or Titans,no good teams in Tennessee. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 01:26:02 pm »
Tough break, kid!  Time for you to cultivate some local archery friends.  Can you at least keep the basic tools?
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 02:15:35 pm »
Start reading everything you can get your hands on archery related. Then do all your papers and reports on archery related matters. That at least will keep it fresh in your mind.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Adam

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 04:16:07 pm »
Any chance of knapping?

Offline pincushin

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 04:17:49 pm »
Thanks for the replies I'm a defensive line man if y'all were wondering. Thanks for the strategy pat, it'l help for sure and adam i have a big hunk of obsidian but I don't know how to knap   

Offline stickbender

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 11:47:28 pm »

Oh my God, did you hear about that guy in the dorm the swat team surrounded, and broke into his room, and dragged him away?!! :o  He was making gasp, stone knives, and arrowheads, so they could not be detected by the college security, and airport scanners!  I think, I need to go sit down and have a double Swiss cocoa, California cherry, Chia seed latte!  Maybe I could call Mother, and she can console me like does whenever there is a thunder storm.... :P  OK, you can't have a bow and arrow in the dorm....... so uh, make miniature ones, as uh, research projects for the thesis you are doing for graduation..... Yeah, that's the ticket.....  Hmmmm, some little full circle horn bows, like the Japanese women of nobility carried in their carriages.  Quite deadly little boogers.  Uh, I mean, quite silly, little toys...... ::)  You could say, you are testing the properties of various materials, and their tension strength, when used in combinations...... ;)

Wayne