Author Topic: Is this complete?  (Read 4588 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Is this complete?
« on: January 13, 2008, 01:55:38 pm »
This is what I have come up with to send to Kristy Bosworth of Rocky Mountain Elk Federation. She e-mailed me on Friday asking about the participants and the components of the project.(and worth?)
   Those that participated in the Southern Community Bow Project, please read over this list and let me know if all is OK or if changes are needed. I would like to get this out to Kristy ASAP.  Thanks.  Pat

ps. I am still trying to contact Marius about the quiver, sheath and knife but without success. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I hope the attachment worked ???

[attachment deleted by admin]
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Is this complete?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 02:16:07 pm »
I guess it didn't work but I can(and will) e-mail this to anyone that is interested.   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 07:46:59 pm »
I thought it was going to work Pat, but looked more like some kind of morse code ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 08:04:20 pm »
Pat perhaps frank(medicewheel) can call Marius. At least their in the same country.
And yup its morse code.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 09:08:35 pm »
I e-mailed the doc to Sarah and she was gonna post it. For some reason I can e-mail it but not post the doc.  ???     Pat

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 09:32:43 pm »
Try saving it as a jpeg file.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 08:59:46 am »
I heard from Marius this morning. ;D He has been on vacation for a month. Can you imagine a month vacation all at once? I'd never go back to work. ;D  Before Marius left he asked a co-worker to mail the package out but when Marius returned to work the package was still there...so Marius has Fed-EXed it to me.      Pat

Manager

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 10:14:34 am »
Primitive Archer Magazine

Primitive Archer Web Site Southern Community Bow Project - 2007

Guava wood (Psidium guajava L.) [from Hawaii] self bow with sturgeon (fish) skin backing, deer antler tip overlays and rattan handle wrap…66” long tip/tip, 53#@28” draw.

Hardwood shoot arrows…sourwood (Oxydendron arboreum), privet (Ligustrum japonicum), dogwood (Cornus sericea) and buffalo nut (Pyrularia pubera)

Stone arrow heads, Texas flint

Leather quiver and sheath

Knife with antler handle

Hand woven fabric bow sock

Participants…Bow

Manny Padroni, Pupukea, Hawaii…guava stave with basic shaping

Shannon King, Rogersville, Missouri…donated the stave he got from Manny, later he added the sturgeon skin backing, shaped the handle with a double shelf(ambidextrous) and applied the rattan handle wrap(donated by Pat Brennan)

Mark Baggett and Greg Bagwell, Clarksville, Tennessee…bow tillering

Lonnie Stapp, Liberty, Missouri…Shaped limb tips, added antler tip overlays

Pat Brennan, donated rattan for handle wrap, made hardwood shoot arrows and hafted stone heads and made Dacron B-50 Flemish twist bow strings

Ron Johnson, Bruner, Missouri…Added Tru-Oil finish to bow

Participants…arrows

Pat Brennan, Brevard, NC…Hardwood shoot arrows and hafted stone points (pine pitch glue and deer leg sinew wrap)

Paul Wolfe, Springtown, Texas…Crafted Texas flint arrow heads

Justin Snyder, Washington, Utah…Crafted self nocks with bison spline reinforcements, added fletching with sinew wrap and donated turkey feathers

Kenneth Gorman, Pleasantview, Colorado…donated goose feathers

Participants …accessories

Marius Fara, Gustavsburg, Germany…leather quiver and knife sheath

Mark Baggett, Clarksville, Tennessee…knife with deer antler handle

Dane Danato, Greenfield, Massachusetts…hand woven (tabby woven) fabric bow sock

The entire Primitive Archery Web Site Family, world wide…moral support and verbal contributions

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 11:52:57 am »
The only thing I see in the description is the knife is a deer leg bone handle not
antler. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 07:19:44 pm »
Pappy, I just got the quiver, sheath and knife from Marius today ;D and saw it was deer leg bone. I'll make that correction.
   Sarah, Thanks for posting this for me.
  I now have the complete Southern Community Bow Set in my possession. I will take pics of the set before I send it all off to RMEF.
   I would like to thank everyone involved in this 2007 Community Bow Projects, both Southern and Northern, and to all who contributed with support and comments. And thanks to Sarah and Marie and Primitive Archer Magazine for donating a complete set of back issues(except for 1 issue) that will go to the winners of the Southern and Northern Community Bow Projects. This was my 3rd Community Bow Project over the last few years and I'm sure it won't be my last. 8) 8) 8) 
   Pat

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 08:39:43 pm »
That was a fine break-down of who did what SarahAnne! I enjoyed what little I did to help out, maybe next time I'll have enough experience to get a little more involved and work on some of that wood :). It was very enjoyable to participate!!
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.