Author Topic: A little down today  (Read 11523 times)

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
Re: A little down today
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2014, 09:49:58 am »
Fingers crossed... thinkin Darla likes it cuz she's already makin plans for a chicken/ guinnie shack, lol
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2014, 12:51:40 pm »
If you have enough room put the chicken coop in the center of the garden area and fence off 4 separate quarter areas, each with limited access to the coop and rotate the chickens each year you can have an almost self sustaining garden in just a few years. The chickens will eat the weeds, weed seeds and insects from that area and fertilize that area for next years green garden. Greens like high nitrogen and the chickens supply that.   Next year move the chickens to the next over grown weedy area and let them do their stuff.  You can now plant your regular summer garden in last years green area and the 4th year let that area go fallow or plant a cover crop. After a few years you have a chicken area, a greens area, a regular garden area and a fallow/cove crop area, each progressing the next year. This will eliminate weed problems, insect problems and add good organic fertilizer to your garden area. With a little supplemental liming and adding other micro nutrients to cover possible deficiencies the garden should take care of itself with the exception of harvesting. 
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline 4dog

« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2014, 02:36:54 pm »
prayers comin your brother!!!!   look its a long shot..but the way i got my house was a loud and  very brave woman.she walked up to a house and asked if it was for sale the lady was shocked and said its not on the market yet but she was considering it...make a long story short ...after a couple cups of joe we had a move in date...lol...no fudging this story totally true...be on the lookout be brave trust the One that made you...itll all work out...who knows ya might find something ya like better...and if ya try this and it works...
.ya owe me a hunt on your new spread...lol  have bows will travel!!
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2014, 06:48:19 pm »
Buy it, and we will come ;D.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2014, 09:11:50 pm »
Sounds like a winner to me. When I was house hunting we either looked at homes that were at the bottom end of what we wanted to pay, that were destroyed, or stinky, or on a busy road. Or they were at the very top, and too big, and not close to work. The one we ended up buying had a terrible picture, it made the house look Banana yellow. Turns out it is still yellow, but much more calm. All I wanted was central air and a garage that my truck fit in (6 inch lift), My wife only wanted a dishwasher. It didn't come with a dish washer, but she only complains every now and then.  >:D

It ins't huge  (by Utah standards) but if I ever finish the attic space it will be 3,000 square. I would much rather have 800 and a pond!
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2014, 11:04:53 pm »
Thats pretty smart Pat
Thanks 4Dog
I hear ya Jojo
Its all about the land to me and alot about the house for Darla.. just a matter of findin the happy medium  ;).. Darla owns a house 40 miles away in Jefferson City and the renters are movin out at the end of the month. Soon as their moved out were gonna put it on the market.. That will help us with a little more buyin power. Thanks again for the support and advice fella's... Oh, and Eddie, I would be scared if you knew were I lived  8) lol
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2014, 10:32:36 am »
Mullet sends the best of gifts. I am happy he knows where I live.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2014, 11:01:30 am »
Mullet sends the best of gifts. I am happy he knows where I live.
You got that right!... Im just worried he might hunt the 10 acres with his Jeep bumper! Lol
.... Brian

Offline Billinthedesert

« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2014, 11:42:15 am »
Sending you good thoughts that this works out. What a wonderful property that you can both hunt and fish on!

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2014, 01:04:15 pm »
Thanks Bill!..... Brian

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2014, 06:12:02 pm »
I'm shocked! :o ;) Good luck, Buddy. :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline bow101

« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2014, 07:36:44 pm »
Life is what you make it. I have learned one thing Vision if you have it, is 100% of happiness, if you like your surroundings life is Paradise.
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2014, 10:44:27 am »
I'm a bit late getting to this thread... but sounds like you've got it sorted.
Couldn't find a place like that in the UK... just not enough land to go around (unless you are a millionaire).
Hope it all comes good for you.
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2014, 11:37:13 am »
You guys have been a great support, I owe you all thanks.. Im really wantin the property i was talkin about but the truth is it makes much more sense to get Darla's house up to snuff and get it sold before i buy another. If that property is meant to be mine it will still be there  ;)... The good news is i wont be movin till deer season is about done here so i dont have to go beggin to hunt this year. Im tryin to make time to get a bow made from these woods for my last hunt but these 60 hr weeks are gettin inda way, lol.... Brian