Author Topic: Arrow rest question.  (Read 871 times)

Offline dueb

Arrow rest question.
« on: August 31, 2014, 05:27:30 pm »
While designing the handle for my new bow I got to thinking about what side the arrow should rest on. Should the arrow rest be on the right or left. I feel like it would make more sense for the arrow to rest on the right as opposed to traditional designs where it rests on the left (which is why i'm putting much thought into this). In my head it feels like it would be easier and quicker to nock the arrow with a proper grip on the string. It would also allow you to rotate the bow counter clockwise instead of clockwise, which I feel would allow your body to not be in the way of the string when you pull back. It's probably a stupid thought, I just wanted to know what you guys think.
If you would hit the mark, you must aim a little above it: Every arrow that flies feels the pull of the earth.
― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
Re: Arrow rest question.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 05:40:21 pm »
It can work with the right method of release (how the right hand holds and releases the string) but with a conventional Mediterranean loose the arrow will bounce off the shelf.
using a thumb ring (Mongolian loose) allows you the have the arrow on the right of the bow.
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline dueb

Re: Arrow rest question.
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 06:25:10 pm »
thanks for the answer! :)
If you would hit the mark, you must aim a little above it: Every arrow that flies feels the pull of the earth.
― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow