Author Topic: A cave man can do it  (Read 2055 times)

Offline Will Tell

A cave man can do it
« on: August 15, 2014, 12:31:47 pm »
Used to be a ad on TV where they said it was so easy a cave man could do it. If that's the case how come I'm having such a hard time killing a deer with primitive equipment.lol

Maybe they were a lot smarter than we think.

Offline Traxx

Re: A cave man can do it
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 01:59:19 pm »
I think it was very rare,that early men hunted alone and by spot and stalk or ambush as most do today.
More often,hunts were conducted communally,where the chance of meat procurement was elevated,to feed the entire community.Drives,jumps and traps,gave them an edge.To these people,hunting was not a recreation,it was grocery shopping.   

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 02:27:06 pm »
It really shouldn't be any more difficult to kill a deer with primitive gear than with trad gear if you do your part, know your bow and arrows and put that sharp broadhead right where it needs to go. This is coming from someone that ain't done it yet.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Crogacht

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 09:38:40 pm »
It really shouldn't be any more difficult to kill a deer with primitive gear than with trad gear if you do your part, know your bow and arrows and put that sharp broadhead right where it needs to go. This is coming from someone that ain't done it yet.  ;)

Agreed. I don't think it should be much harder at all. This is coming from someone that ain't finished a bow yet :D ;) hahahahah

Offline Stoker

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 11:56:21 am »
Good advice from PatB...
I had a mental block when I went from compound to trad... Had a coupla dry years.. Beginning of the 3rd season my hunting partner sat me down and gave me the talk.... You know how to shoot.. You know how to hunt... Go out here and shoot something... Wood ain't flying critters ain't dieing.. That night got a 4x4 mule deer buck went 147 5/8.... Luck probaly.. But a good kick start...

You'll be fine.. We sometimes are our worst enemy... Beathe deep do yoga whatever it takes.. Remember to post pics of critters...
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano