Author Topic: Your take on bending handles  (Read 7559 times)

Offline Traxx

Re: Your take on bending handles
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2014, 09:12:37 pm »
I like the bendy handle.

It fits my style and with that style,its like you said,a stiff riser is a waste of wood and length.I believe many are uncomfortable with the working handle,due to the way most grip a bow.With the full grip most use with a static,its understandable why they are of that opinion.I use a minimal grip,with the bow handle,resting on the meaty pad below the thumb and the first,second and third finger tips resting on the bows back.Its more of a pushing technique,than a grip.with this style,a rounded or built up grip is a cause for more of a chance of torque,in my shooting.With this style,i need no type of arm guard either.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2014, 09:39:05 pm »
Fred, TB glue should work fine but I've never used cork.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bubby

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2014, 09:50:36 pm »
Titebond will work but I started useing Superglue, you get to working it faster, glue some together and clamp between two boards to get a nice press, when it goes on the bow I wrap with stretch wrap, 20 min later I'm shapinguse a razor to cut the big pcs of waste off then fine rasp and sand
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Prarie Bowyer

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2014, 01:20:56 pm »
Like for the ability to crate shorter bows.

Offline wildman

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2014, 01:26:19 pm »
I prefer a bendy handle and a shorter bow, but often the stave will dictate something different. They both have their place,but IMOP bendy is best!
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-