Author Topic: Resizing photos  (Read 2064 times)

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
Resizing photos
« on: July 14, 2014, 12:31:12 am »
It seems that a lot of people have an issue with resizing and uploading photos. I had trouble at first as well. Here is how I do it. Go to any search engine (Google is what I use) and search for Picasa free download. Picasa is a free program put out by Google. Install the software. Run the software. It will search for all of the photos on your computer so you can access them simply while in the program. Once the software is installed and you want to import new photos, simply plug your phone, camera, or whatever you are taking photos with into your computer. On the top left hand side there is a "Import" button, click than and it will bring up all the photos on your device, there is a check box that says something around the lines of "Ignore duplicates" Check that to avoid redownloading photos to your computer. After the photos are on your computer, they are in folders by the date they were uploaded. Click a photo you would like to resize, click file at the top of the page, and then select Export. After selecting export it will give you the option to resize the photo. I believe all the ones I upload are sized to 640. Then click export. The file will be moved to a subfolder under export and the date. Then you can uplosd you photos to your posts!
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline DarkSoul

• Orion Bows
Re: Resizing photos
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 06:33:12 am »
The problem is, people don't want to go through all that hassle. Downloading a program, importing photos from device, importing into Picasa, checking boxes, waiting, selecting pics, than the actual resize (but to what size?), and then you still have to upload them onto Primitive Archer.
Many guys have explained picture posting and resizing numerous times. There are countless ways to post pics, also depending on the device you're using.

But the easiest way is by far to use www.tinypic.com
Go to the site, select your pic, and that site will resize it for you. Copy-paste the [ IMG]-link, and you're done! No registering, no option to choose from, just plain and simple.
"Sonuit contento nervus ab arcu."
Ovid, Metamorphoses VI-286

Offline J05H

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 06:42:41 am »
I like to use photobucket. I've never had any problems posting pics with photobucket, they just work.
If you never have time to do it right, you'll always have time to do it over.

Offline Crogacht

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 06:47:49 am »
I just use MS Paint. Open the photo, click resize and save. The first one in a batch takes a couple of tries to get the size right (just below 200kb), but it probably takes me 8-10 seconds per photo. Tinypic might be faster, not sure.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 09:44:44 am »
I had a lot of trouble with Photo Bucket on my old computer but none on my new windows 7  computer.

I like the album aspect of Photo Bucket as I refer back to old photos to make a point in some of my instructional posts. They are easy to find on Photo Bucket when I need them.

Offline TimBo

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 01:44:06 pm »
If anyone here uses the GIMP (free photo editing software), I would advise against Picassa.  It came with my son's video recorder, but when I downloaded it, it took over lots of the GIMP functions.  I couldn't get my right-click commands back where they were for a loooong time. 

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 01:56:33 pm »
I use GIMP (not Picassa, not familiar with it).  Very easy to resize and edit.  Takes a few times to remember the steps, but it's simple and quick.
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline 4dog

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 02:01:37 pm »
i take pics with my andoid ...and then crop em...seems easier than all the other ways...unless your alone and ya want a full draw pic....lol
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline bubby

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014, 03:18:26 pm »
That's what the timer function is for 4dog   >:D
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline huisme

• I'm Marc, but not that Marc.
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2014, 04:40:38 pm »
Imgur for everyone looking for minimal hassle. Loads faster on my bad connection than tinypic, tumblr, etc, has a far more simple and straightforward layout, free up to two hundred photos (you can surpass that limit and keep uploading, and images that fall past the 200 threshold will still be visible in albums), and editing which includes resizing.
50#@26"
Black locust. Black locust everywhere.
Mollegabets all day long.
Might as well make them short, save some wood to keep warm.

Offline 4dog

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2014, 07:35:20 pm »
my phone us smarter than i am bubby...quit pickin!   lol :'(
"SET" is always there !!!