Author Topic: Separate section for tiller check?  (Read 2252 times)

Offline Tommytinker

Separate section for tiller check?
« on: July 09, 2014, 08:55:51 pm »
I guess this is a question to the administrators and moderators. But I'd appreciate everyone's input.

How about a separate section for general advice on tiller.

Having read many books and scoured many forums and online sources, (this being the most helpful by the way!) that all being said and done; it's all down to the tiller!

This is surly the part that most people hit a wall at. Personally for me it would be invaluable to see several photos of tillered and semi tillered bows with critique and advice from the masters.

Any thoughts on this?

Tommy.

Offline bubby

Re: Separate section for tiller check?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 09:56:16 pm »
your in the best spot for tiller check right here
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Weylin

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 10:45:16 pm »
I don't think anything good will come from separating out "bows" into lots of sub sections. That's part of what killed paleoplanet. It works better to have the bulk of the conversation happening in one place. Then it feels like you are in a vibrant community instead of feeling like you're talking to yourself in an empty room.

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 11:03:02 pm »
Personally I think it's fine and better how it is
I like osage

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 11:13:44 pm »
There are a lot of build alongs in this section as well as in the "How To..." section. Most of them have progressive pics of tillering as folks get building. A bit of research and reading will give you what you want.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DarkSoul

• Orion Bows
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 05:51:20 am »
A "tiller check" post will often not end at just the request for some help with tillering. People will often give more advice than just the tiller itself. The end result is often a finished bow, which would then be posted in the original tiller check thread. I therefore think it is fine to leave it as is. Tiller checks can easily be requested in the main "bows" section.
If you want to see how other people handled the tiller and how the masters give advice to the requested tiller checks, you can run a search for tiller checks: https://www.google.com/#q=site:primitivearcher.com+tiller+check
Lots of valuable tips in those posts!
"Sonuit contento nervus ab arcu."
Ovid, Metamorphoses VI-286

Offline Tommytinker

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 06:23:34 am »
Thanks guys that all makes sense. When you put it that way. That was a silly idea on my part!

Offline Crogacht

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 07:45:50 am »
Thanks guys that all makes sense. When you put it that way. That was a silly idea on my part!

Don't feel bad, I think the idea has its merits, but the diffusion of "Bows" into heaps of different sub sections might outweigh the benefits, like Weylin said.