Author Topic: Pictures too large to post..help please.  (Read 3497 times)

Offline Red Dwarf

Pictures too large to post..help please.
« on: January 02, 2008, 10:55:06 pm »
I would like to post some pictures but am having trouble reducing their size so that they are not too large.

When I try to reduce the size all I get is a much smaller section of the larger picture, not the whole picture at a reduced size.

Can anyone help please...I am a bit of a computer dunce I'm afraid.

Red Dwarf

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: Pictures too large to post..help please.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 10:58:43 pm »
What is your photo editing software?  You just need to find the resize option in the toolbar (usually under edit) and change it to 650X400 or somewhere near there. 
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Red Dwarf

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 12:39:04 am »
Justin

When I select edit my system defaults to the Paint program that came with my computer.
When I use the edit facility I can get to change the size under the attributes option but that doesn't change the size of the whole image, just gives me a smaller picture showing only a part of the original.

Red Dwarf

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 12:39:56 am »
The way I finally figured it out was to change the resolution on the camera to the lowest setting. That gave me pics at 640x480.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 12:53:35 am »
 Yup knows the feelin' of bein' out of the computer age. That said. Try paint, go ta attributes and ya will see pic size. Make it 640x480. Like pat said on yer camera use the 640x480 setting ta shoot. Its usually the small size on the menu. Hope this helps........bob

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 02:07:12 am »
I hate paint, did your camera come with software. Most of the camera software is more user friendly.  I dont like taking pictures on the small size because I might want to print one. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline mamba

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 07:35:26 pm »
Red if there photos you have already taken you may try photobucket.com.
Ray/NY

Offline Red Dwarf

Re: Pictures too large to post..help please. Problem solved
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 10:59:39 pm »
Thanks guys for the helpful advice.

I finally figured it out...installed a piece of software that came with my daughter's camera (Zoombrowser) and used the export facility to reduce the photos I want to post.

Red Dwarf